Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-t73825.html)

Marlys 11-03-2010 07:09 AM

I have never done a mystery quilt. I donate a lot of quilts for charity auctions & raffles, so this sounds like a great way to use up some of the MANY scraps I have. I'm in!

lreade 11-03-2010 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
I would love to try a mystery quilt, but this one looks too scrappy for me. I am not a big fan of scrappy quilts and I especially don't want to make one when I don't know what it is going to look like ahead of time. I think I will pass on this one.

Part of the mystrey is not knowing what the pattern is until you are done. Remember if you don't like it you can always sell it or give it away to charity. Since Bonnie says this is a BIG quilt you could even cut (divide) it in half and make two charity quilts.

lreade 11-03-2010 09:17 AM

This will be my third mystery quilt and I have never been disappointed. In fact I just gave one to my BIL and his new wife for a wedding gift.

skjquiltnut 11-03-2010 08:29 PM

Sounds like fun! Totally do not have a clue as to how I go about getting started, never done this before; HELP!! Joking, but really, how does this work? Do I dial in weekly, daily??

Fancy Nancy 11-03-2010 08:57 PM

how does the mystery quilt program work? do you sign up somewhere?

Suse 11-03-2010 09:56 PM

I'm also planning to do this one, I need may more neutrals. I have brown and green. I may need more pink and red. 8-)

meant2be 11-03-2010 10:21 PM

This sounds like fun. Does she charge for the instructions? I can't find the right place to click to say I want the instrutions. Need your help.

Marlys 11-04-2010 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by meant2be
This sounds like fun. Does she charge for the instructions? I can't find the right place to click to say I want the instrutions. Need your help.

In the very first post of this topic, they provide the link. Just click on it and it will take you to her website. Right now she is just giving us the fabrics we need. She will post instructions about once a week starting November 19. Let me know if you can't find it.

CarrieAnne 11-04-2010 08:06 AM

Thanks!

tobylehnj 11-04-2010 12:32 PM

You can sign up at her Yahoo group for updates, but she will post the directions on her web site at quiltville.com

Please check out her quilts on her site. She has many patterns there for free... She uses many fabrics of the same color family and they are beautiful..
You can print them out and not start it until the last clue has been uploaded, but you should know that once the quilt is all on the web, it will not be on for long, like her others. This one will be going in her next book, so it will be coming off the web site. So print it while you can and decide later if you want to make it.. It will be a large quilt. Bonnie says, it uses up more scraps that way..
I love her quilts. I took a class with her at Hersey, PA this summer. I have made two "Crumb" quilts already and a "Boxy Star" and I have started cutting for the "Chunky Churndash" Only a lap size, but I am using those scraps....