Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Comic Book Boards, Vancouver, WA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/comic-book-boards-vancouver-wa-t194612.html)

Helen S 07-14-2012 11:35 AM

Comic Book Boards, Vancouver, WA

If anyone is in the Vancouver WA area,
I Like Comics
2101 East 4th Plain Boulevard (Just off interstate 5, near the VA hospital and Clark College, and they have off-street parking)
Vancouver, Washington 98661 sells comic book boards in several sizes.

I just got 100- 6 3/4" x 10 1/2" for only $7, and 100- 8 1/2 x 11 boards for just over $8, plus tax, of course. (I guess I could have gone to Portland and not paid the tax, but would have spent that in gas to go there.)

I'll cut the larger boards in half to wrap my smaller fabric pieces. I ordered the last ones from amazon.com and I paid quite a bit more for them, plus shipping, so I was happy to find this shop, just a few minutes from my house.

lindy-2 07-14-2012 12:09 PM

nice find i should try find some around here

twinkie 07-15-2012 02:46 AM

You might also look in the shop for comic boxes. I pay the same amount for my comic boards and the larger magazine boards and the long boxes to store them in are only $5 each. They are about 2 1/2 ft long and the boards are made to fit the boxes (or the other way around LOL).

Noiseynana 07-15-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Helen S (Post 5364363)
If anyone is in the Vancouver WA area,
I Like Comics
2101 East 4th Plain Boulevard (Just off interstate 5, near the VA hospital and Clark College, and they have off-street parking)
Vancouver, Washington 98661 sells comic book boards in several sizes.

I just got 100- 6 3/4" x 10 1/2" for only $7, and 100- 8 1/2 x 11 boards for just over $8, plus tax, of course. (I guess I could have gone to Portland and not paid the tax, but would have spent that in gas to go there.)

I'll cut the larger boards in half to wrap my smaller fabric pieces. I ordered the last ones from amazon.com and I paid quite a bit more for them, plus shipping, so I was happy to find this shop, just a few minutes from my house.

What is a comic book board? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Latrinka 07-15-2012 07:51 AM

Wow! Wish I was close to there, guess I'll just keep ruler folding for now!

Helen S 07-15-2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie (Post 5365735)
You might also look in the shop for comic boxes. I pay the same amount for my comic boards and the larger magazine boards and the long boxes to store them in are only $5 each. They are about 2 1/2 ft long and the boards are made to fit the boxes (or the other way around LOL).

Thanks, Twinkie. The boxes would be good for a sewing room with plenty of space for overflow.

Helen S 07-15-2012 11:44 AM

Noiseynana, if you search this board for "Comic Book Boards" you'll find lots of posts about them. Basically, they are used to wrap your fabric around, then place the wrapped pieces in a book shelf, so you end up with a shelf full of fabric that you can actually SEE.