Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Discounts for vendors on Facebook (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/discounts-vendors-facebook-t223843.html)

SmickChick 06-16-2013 01:02 PM

Discounts for vendors on Facebook

I was at a workshop, and someone said that if you follow Joannes on Facebook, they often have special deals.???? Anyway, does anyone follow any quilting related vendors on Facebook that have proved fruitful with promotions?
Thanks!

joyce888 06-16-2013 01:06 PM

I follow a couple and so far no special perks that I've seen.

2011wannaquilt 06-16-2013 01:49 PM

I follow Hancocks, Hobby Lobby and Joanns. You can also signup for their Email notifications - lots of 40 to 50% off coupons.

Suze9395 06-16-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2011wannaquilt (Post 6125978)
I follow Hancocks, Hobby Lobby and Joanns. You can also signup for their Email notifications - lots of 40 to 50% off coupons.

I signed up to receive their coupons via text message.

willferg 06-17-2013 06:42 AM

I don't really like to follow companies on Facebook – don't see the point in letting FB make money off my interests. I don't mind giving my email to the company I'm interested in (I get Joann's and Hancock's offers that way), but I don't need FB to know every little thing...

tessagin 06-17-2013 06:49 AM

You can do that, just like their page and they will send you daily deals where you can print a coupon every day for that week and really just get e-mails letting you know what's going on. That pretty much goes for all of the quilting pages you like on FACEBOOK. But be careful before you download anything. I just go to the website first. Sometimes there is no website and it's a virus. Just go to the website and sign up for the deals.

BellaBoo 06-17-2013 07:14 AM

I find all great bargains on Facebook. Some are one day only until sold out. Lots of give aways. I win a lot of give aways posted on Facebook. All the fabric manufacturers, shops, designers, thread brands, and quilt magazines are on Facebook. I have a Facebook account and email just for quilting.

matraina 06-17-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 6127155)
I don't really like to follow companies on Facebook – don't see the point in letting FB make money off my interests. I don't mind giving my email to the company I'm interested in (I get Joann's and Hancock's offers that way), but I don't need FB to know every little thing...

I'm not into FaceBook at all. I have all I can do to keep up with my e-mail and Quilting Board. If I have to join FaceBook to get a coupon, I'll do without.

BellaBoo 06-17-2013 03:45 PM

Since last spring, I won a Go Baby, several towers of Moda fat quarters, lots of new quilting books, specialty rulers and Clover Wonder Clips, small and Jumbo. Several sets of Aurifil thread. I'm still waiting to win one of the quilting machines that are always being given away. Facebook takes me about 20 min. to check the give aways every morning. Well worth my time.

jude by the sea 06-18-2013 08:24 AM

Hey Bellaboo what do you mean "facebook just for quilting? How do you manage it just for quilting? I have tried not to get started on facebook but shoot if it was only for quilting I might just sign up.