Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Free Paper Piecing Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/free-paper-piecing-patterns-t4995.html)

barbsbus 06-20-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by quilterME
Just learned how. So far I really like it. I have a HUGE box of scraps that this would be ideal for. Its a challenge to think/plan in the opposite of the final product. Looking for more patterns. First one was a "Almost Pineapple". Looking for a book of Easy Paper Pieced patterns. I think it may be out of print. Any thoughts out there?

There are a lot of free paper pieced patterns on the internet. Just google either 'foundation' or 'Paper pieced patterns' and if you want to be specific like 'flowers' or 'birds' etc. You will find how to sites and also the patterns.

ChristinaQltnKY 06-25-2010 03:23 AM

I just started paper piecing and love it - at least until I get totally twisted. I'm working on a Wizard of Oz quilt for my boss and using interchanging several blocks with the windmill, cyclone theme and for my corner blocks I have a 12-in double spin which is paper pieced - It looks awesome and loads of fun. You have to piece a section A & B then sew them together and each block has 4 sets. I'm just amazed how sharp my points are. What fun!!! :-D :roll:

ChristinaQltnKY 06-25-2010 03:28 AM

I've been getting free patterns off the internet. Just do a search for free paper piecing quilt patterns. One of my favorists is: www.quilterscache.com
These are all blocks and give really excellent instructions. I've started my own pattern book of wish list. Lands, if I could just have more time to quilt I'd be a happy camper indeed.
Oh, and check out Doak's paper piecing web site. I just ordered a couple of her book patterns. Happy quilting :lol:

QuiltingDreamer 10-31-2015 01:03 PM

Christine

Originally Posted by ChristinaQltnKY (Post 1212115)
I just started paper piecing and love it - at least until I get totally twisted. I'm working on a Wizard of Oz quilt for my boss and using interchanging several blocks with the windmill, cyclone theme and for my corner blocks I have a 12-in double spin which is paper pieced - It looks awesome and loads of fun. You have to piece a section A & B then sew them together and each block has 4 sets. I'm just amazed how sharp my points are. What fun!!! :-D :roll:

Greetings - I was wondering what your quilt of the wizard of oz looks like. I saw one at the AQS in DesMoines that looked like it was paper pieced but I cannot find out who did it as I would love to have the pattern. Can you help me please.

QuiltingDreamer 10-31-2015 01:05 PM

Help me please I am looking for a Paper Pieced Wizard of Oz quilt that I saw at the DesMoines AQS quilt show this fall. Was wondering if just by chance yours is like it, I would love to have the pattern,.

Thanks so much
Quilting Dreamer
Dianna