Hi- Here is a very cool website link to copy and have fun with. Mary who designs the patterns for willowbend creations has a lot of neat ideas for continous wall hangings. I've purchased most of her wildlife series and have made most of them. http://www.willowbendcreations.com/pillow.html
The first link is for a bear and the second is for a cowboy.
These patterns saved my 'bacon' this past Christmas. They take about 2 or 3 hours from start to finish and made great gifts. Of course, here in Montana 98% of the people that surround me are hunters hahaha. The other 2 % shop for them.