Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   I just joined QNNtv for $12 for one year! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/i-just-joined-qnntv-%2412-one-year-t204386.html)

AlienQuilter 10-27-2012 11:11 AM

I just joined QNNtv for $12 for one year!

Just got an email from Fons and Porter about using coupon code FALL12 to get the discount. I'm sure that's meant for everyone - if not, Moderators feel free to delete this.

One very nice feature that I noticed is it has Fons and Porter videos up through 1700 series.

Has anyone else signed up recently? Is there any features that you like? Maybe you have noticed something I or others haven't.

I'm looking forward to watching some videos when I want to watch them. We like watching Dr. Who so I guess we can't get rid of cable yet - but at $70 a month it's getting a bit expensive for all that unimaginative content they have been showing lately!

Stitchnripper 10-27-2012 11:55 AM

Did you know Eleanor Burns has all her shows on her website for free? I know not everyone is an Eleanor Burns fan though.

joyce888 10-27-2012 12:21 PM

Thanks AlienQuilter and Stitchripper for the good info.

JenelTX 10-27-2012 12:29 PM

Thanks for the post! I was just looking at them this morning. My next project is going to be an applique, which I've never done before. I checked Craftsy, but they don't offer a class in that. (An opportunity for anyone who's an applique expert!) QNNTV had a preview video, and then I went to their website and saw that it was $24 per year to join, and I wasn't sure whether it would be worth that, as it's not a guided class like Craftsy. But $12 per year... seems worth the risk! I can watch their videos while finishing up the quilt I'm working on.

BellaBoo 10-27-2012 01:21 PM

I've been a member since it first went online. It's $2 a month. How can it not be worth that?

k9dancer 10-28-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5616663)
I've been a member since it first went online. It's $2 a month. How can it not be worth that?

I was one of the first members, too. Has the quality of the video improved since then? It was so horrible, I wasted my money that first year and never went back. I would do it again if the videos were any good.

AlienQuilter 10-28-2012 10:09 AM

Stephanie - I wanted to join when they first started. I tried it when it was still free. I had the same experience you did. But it's a lot nicer now. They have a free video area - why don't you try watching a video and see how it goes. That's what I did before joining this time. They hav Sewing with Nancy and also the Fons and Porter Love of Quilting series. Also sewing/quilting with Sue. And several others. I know what I'm doing next week!

AlienQuilter 10-28-2012 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by joyce888 (Post 5616565)
Thanks AlienQuilter and Stitchripper for the good info.

You're welcome! Always enjoy being an enabler! LOL

Stitchnripper 10-28-2012 10:26 AM

I remembered that nancy zieman has all her videos for free on her website.

Scakes 10-28-2012 10:26 AM

Thanks AlienQuilter and Stitchripper. I think I'll check out the QNNtv site. I've been to Eleanor Burns site but didn't realize the videos were there. Will have to check on them too.