Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   I see the Accuquilt Studio is on sale today for $449 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/i-see-accuquilt-studio-sale-today-%24449-t194814.html)

Prism99 07-16-2012 08:34 AM

I see the Accuquilt Studio is on sale today for $449

Sale ends in 9+ hours. I think the lowest previous price on it has been $399; however, it doesn't go on sale very often.

I am tempted, but if I get this I won't be able to afford the machine quilting frame I was planning on. Plus I don't have a place cleared out to put it. Will probably have to pass this up, but maybe someone else is interested.

twinkie 07-17-2012 03:07 AM

I am sorry, but it might as well be $4,490. I couldn't afford it but it is a great deal. Maybe someone can get this great deal. Thanks for sharing

sept97 07-17-2012 03:19 AM

I was looking into it also and read mixed reviews. Finally decided that it would only be needed for odd shapes, so I'll keep putting my money aside for something else (HQ Sweet 16), lol

Latrinka 07-17-2012 11:01 AM

Thanks for sharing!

TammyB 07-17-2012 03:05 PM

These are great machines. I use one at our local quilt shop. They charge $10 per hour. It's not just for special shapes. Man can you cut a lot of strips and squares, and things like hexies, tumblers and thimbles (that you need hundreds or thousands of). Beats cutting them by hand with the rotary cutter or scissors! Wish I had the $449 right now.

sept97 07-18-2012 12:54 AM

I'm sure it is good and can cut things quickly, but the matts wear out quickly and dies cost big bucks too. I'll use my june tailor shape cut template and zip zip zip. I don't mind cutting but I'd like a bigger machine to help me quilt :)

jeanneb52 07-18-2012 03:24 AM

I think I must be a rare one who LIKES to do the cutting....I love to see the piles piling up LOL

Geri B 07-18-2012 08:55 AM

I have the GO-a bit cheaper and I love it.......not only for "odd sized" pieces........and the dies for the GO are a lot cheaper than the Studio. Also, more portable.........Studio really needs a dedicated spot.......to heavy to cart around--JMHO

sept97 07-19-2012 01:13 AM

I don't think I make as many quilts as most of the ladies on here which is probably why I don't mind the cutting. Between my job and my grandson that I babysit when I get home, I don't have much time for quilting. I do enjoy seeing all the quilts and I always say I'm gonna make that one next. Thanks for everyone that shares their ideas. I love this site.

sewplease 07-23-2012 07:51 AM

If you are interested in the studio, keep an eye on the accucut (accuquilt's sister scrapbooking site) website. The GrandeMark cutter is the same machine, only with a different decal and seems to be on sale more often. I learned about this on the accuquilt yahoo group. :-)

Edited to add that I just checked and it's for sale @ $395 today.