Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Interesting Discovery - Photos on Fabric - Big Difference (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/interesting-discovery-photos-fabric-big-difference-t197055.html)

Treasureit 08-08-2012 12:12 PM

Interesting Discovery - Photos on Fabric - Big Difference

2 Attachment(s)
Let me start by saying I am not affiliated with any company that produces photo fabric sheets.

I am making a memory quilt and started printing some pictures on one brand of photo sheets...then I ran out of that brand and used some Printed Treasures brand that I also had on hand.

I was shocked at the difference in quality. One is whiter, sharper, more intense color! So I had to call and order more of the first brand. The one that had the better quality does cost more, but to me it is worth it! It is called Betty's Photos on Fabric...she had some problems with her website and I couldn't find it...so I called her and she shipped them right out to me. Her phone number is 909-987-3341. I am using the cotton sheets...I think she sells others. I originally found her at a quilt show.

Here are a couple pictures to show the difference.

Sunnye 08-08-2012 04:28 PM

Thanks for the info. I don't particularly care for Printed Treasures.

Treasureit 08-08-2012 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnye (Post 5427384)
Thanks for the info. I don't particularly care for Printed Treasures.

What brand do you like?

SueDor 08-09-2012 02:13 AM

Thanks for the info! Has "Betty's Photos" been pretreated so it doesn't wash out in time?

chairjogger 08-09-2012 02:55 AM

wow! We can see a differance! Same printer, not new ink? I have always wondered about these photos on cloth. Have a few questions on the ink from printers for lables too. Wonderful showing differance! Will be watching to see more about this whole process!

jitkaau 08-09-2012 04:15 AM

Money for result, Jacquard brand is the best I have tried.

Caswews 08-09-2012 05:54 AM

interesting!! as I have wanted to try this .. hmmm..

Treasureit 08-09-2012 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by SueDor (Post 5427939)
Thanks for the info! Has "Betty's Photos" been pretreated so it doesn't wash out in time?

I don't actually know the answer to this, but I don't think so, since she gives instructions on how to treat it after it is printed. She uses Snuggle fabric softener....and ONLY Snuggle brand... So far...they seem to last.

Treasureit 08-09-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger (Post 5427969)
wow! We can see a differance! Same printer, not new ink? I have always wondered about these photos on cloth. Have a few questions on the ink from printers for lables too. Wonderful showing differance! Will be watching to see more about this whole process!

I used the same printer and ink. printed 2 days apart. I was shocked at the difference too.

Lady Diana 08-09-2012 08:10 AM

It is obvious that Betty's fabric is much whiter than the Printed Treasures, that would impact the photo. Also a better quality of fabric (tighter weave) may also impact the ability of the fabric to "grab" the ink. I would go with the whiter fabric.

D in TX