Learning Curved Piecing
I had such a great response to my thread (Not afraid of curved piecing anymore) I thought I'd share some pattern links I've been saving.
While jumped in feet first with New York Beauty blocks, the following projects would be a much better intro to the world of curved piecing and get gradually more intricate/difficult.
So what are you waiting for?! You can do it!:):thumbup:
1) Melon Patch wall hanging - large pieces, gentle curves
2) Winding Ways wall hanging - gentle curves, more pieces per block
3) Glorified Nine Patch - two options
(a) Make a large block & cut down to size with template - Curved Nine Patch pattern
(b) Cut out each pattern piece separately - Connecting Threads table runner tutorial
4) New York Beauty - a nice big 12" block
5) Pickle Dish - ambitious but totally doable!
p.s. - if you try any of these (even just one block) please post a pic here - it's all good! :)
I have tried the improved nine patch and found it very easy. Thank you for all the other links. The new york beauties are also on my bucket list. :)
Thanks. Will try for sure. it's only as hard as you make it. I go over the directions a couple times and then try a sample block. Works for me.