Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   NHL Fans - Fabric Alert! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/nhl-fans-fabric-alert-t248594.html)

CorgiNole 06-17-2014 07:46 AM

NHL Fans - Fabric Alert!

I was searching for an alternate hockey fleece as Fabric.com didn't have a 2+ yard length available in the print I ordered. When I entered hockey into Joanns.com - a selection of NHL licensed fabrics came up. Not all the teams are represented yet, it looks like they started with the playoff teams - but one can home that others - like the hapless Hurricanes - will be available in the future. The banner at Joanns does indicate that they have exclusive rights to the NHL logos. A huge improvement, in my mind, over not being able to get them at all!

Cheers, K

Up4BigChal 06-17-2014 08:21 AM

Yes Believe it or not it has been out for almost two months!! Finally!!

Cheshirechat 06-17-2014 02:07 PM

That's so cool, getting some of the bruins to make pajamas for next xmas!

PaperPrincess 06-18-2014 04:49 AM

Thanks, I knew it was supposed to be introduced in 2014, but had not seen it yet. When you live near HockeyTown, this is a must!

LoriEl 06-18-2014 05:37 AM

I will have to check it out. I found Rangers at local JoAnn's a few months ago but have looked all over for the Pittsburgh Penquins. Hope they have it!

Yes!

Thanks for the heads up b/c I gave up looking.

grandmasieg 06-18-2014 07:03 AM

The Joann's in Pittsburgh have the Penguins material (fleece and cotton). I believe it's available on their web site also. I got some when it first came out to make a quilt for my grandson. I wish someone had the baseball (Pittsburgh Pirates) material. I'd be all set!

Hugs!
Debbi

DawnLC 02-22-2016 08:23 AM

I ordered Boston Bruins fabric from Joanns.com two weeks ago. It was my first time ordering on line, I was pleasantly surprised it didn't take long to arrive. I live in New Brunswick so just had to cross the border into Calais, Maine to pick it up. The fabric was very nice quality. Joanns is caring some NHL teams but now I'm looking for Toronto Maple Leafs fabric. Is there any place that carries the Canadian teams?

janRN 02-22-2016 09:36 AM

Grandmasieg, Fabric.com has Pittsburgh Pirates fabric, just ordered and rec'd it last week.

Have to tell you what happened to me at Joanne's: I'd been searching for Pirates fabric forever and as I walked over to the sports fabric the saleslady was placing 3 new bolts on the shelf. Politely I waited for her to place it and as I reached for it another lady (?) literally pushed me aside and grabbed all 3 bolts!! I told her I only need a yard or 2; she said "sorry, I'm taking it all" and she did!!! I didn't say anything but I was thinking I hope it fades, ravels, and shrinks LOL!

ManiacQuilter2 02-22-2016 09:40 AM

Grab it while you can get it because it may be once it is gone, it is gone for good.

midwestmarykay 02-22-2016 10:35 AM

Thanks so much for the info. GO WINGS!!