Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   A site where you can get inexpensive books (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/site-where-you-can-get-inexpensive-books-t210364.html)

3TreeFrog 01-07-2013 12:37 PM

A site where you can get inexpensive books

Hi everyone

This is a site that I use quite often, as the prices are not only less expensive, however the shipping any where in the world is FREE.

www.bookdepository.com

Hope you all check it out for yourselves!

TreeFrog

wuv2quilt 01-07-2013 01:07 PM

Thanks for the heads-up....I'll have to check it out....books are one of my weaknesses. :thumbup:

WOW, after going to their site for a quick browse, looks like they have close to 6,000 quilt / sewing related books.....great prices too!

ploverwi2 01-07-2013 01:08 PM

Amazon.com has extremely low prices, and shipping is only $3.99. Some new or used books are priced at less than $5 and even some for a penny. I have bought from them for years. I always try to get the used books that are described as in good condition and have never been disappointed. You can also read reviews on the books by other people who have purchased them.

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog (Post 5769387)
Hi everyone

This is a site that I use quite often, as the prices are not only less expensive, however the shipping any where in the world is FREE.

www.bookdepository.com

Hope you all check it out for yourselves!

TreeFrog

dunster 01-07-2013 01:32 PM

Thanks for the link. It's always good to shop around. I checked the prices on amazon against the prices on bookdepository for about 5 different quilting books, and all of them were at least a couple of dollars higher on bookdepository. Some were MUCH higher. (see Kaffe Fassett's Dreaming in Color - $25.64 on amazon, $38.04 on bookdepository) Since shipping is free on amazon with a purchase of over $25 (except for the books from associated merchants with $3.99 shipping), I will check both places, as well as ebay and occasionally the author's web site. I also like buying the used books at amazon. Sometimes I don't want to wait to have enough for the $25 free shipping on amazon, and in that case paying a dollor or so more at bookdepository may make sense.

raynhamquilter 01-07-2013 02:23 PM

I joined amazon PRIME and it saves me lot on shipping.

BLTrip 01-08-2013 04:53 AM

Just placed an order for an Eleanor Burns book I've been wanting. Apparently it is a UK business but ships worldwide for free. Let's see how long it takes to get to the states.

Thanks for the link!

maryb119 01-08-2013 06:08 AM

Thanks for the link.

rebeljane 01-08-2013 08:26 AM

Awesome site, thank you

mojo11 01-08-2013 08:38 AM

Good site; however, for me------Amazon.com is less expensive. I think each site has some books that the other ones don't so it is good to shop.

JanieH 01-08-2013 03:06 PM

Great site; always good to have choices when looking for books!