Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   WARM & NATURAL online sale today only at JoAnn's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/warm-natural-online-sale-today-only-joanns-t196492.html)

Grandma Mary 08-02-2012 06:54 AM

WARM & NATURAL online sale today only at JoAnn's

You'll have to hurry if you're interested! Here's the link! :D

http://www.joann.com/warm-natural-co...rid=20120802-D

Deborahlees 08-02-2012 06:58 AM

Those of you that buy the whole bolt/roll of batting like this....how do you store it and then cut from the roll for a finished quilt ????

willferg 08-02-2012 07:05 AM

"...how do you store it and then cut from the roll for a finished quilt ????"

I just got some batting that comes on a 64" bolt. It's folded in half, so it's not so tall. I make mostly lap quilts and baby blankets for charity, so that works perfectly for me.

dunster 08-02-2012 07:24 AM

They are out already and won't have any more for the sale. :( I talked to a customer rep, who was very nice, but she said they didn't expect such a big response to the ad. Really? I have trouble believing that.

Can anyone say "bait and switch"? These days it's known as luring people to a web site when you know you don't have nearly enough product to satisfy the demand. Not a happy camper here. Since W&N is a mainstay on that web site, I would expect them to take orders against their next shipment. I know the ad says "while quantities last", but really, they were out early this morning, how many could there have been for sale? And I had a 20% off coupon I was going to use, which makes it doubly painful. Sorry... just had to vent.

sewmary 08-02-2012 07:33 AM

I must have missed something. Where does it say "Today only"? A lot of batting is on sale.

Grandma Mary 08-02-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary (Post 5412822)
I must have missed something. Where does it say "Today only"? A lot of batting is on sale.

I received an email from JoAnns that was titled "One Day Only". I opened the link and copied the URL to make it easier for you to see. You're right though, the link doesn't say anything about it being one day.

dunster 08-02-2012 08:36 AM

The email was for Warm and Natural 40 yards x 90" (queen size) only, $209.99, and it clearly says one day only, valid only through August 2, and quantities limited.

meanmom 08-03-2012 08:59 AM

I was going to go to JoAnns today and use a 40% or 50% off coupon. Plus an additional 25% off your entire order coupon I have. I was hoping to get a whole bolt of warn and natural. If you get the right cashier I can use my teacher discount too sometimes. I always try sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

Pat G 08-03-2012 09:28 AM

I have trouble believing anything about JoAnn's. I recently did a special order of upholstery fabric & had to pay $19 shpg. to the store. I would think if I had to pay shpg. for something it would come to my house so I had to drive the 35 miles back to the store to pick it up. I had to pay it since I had already spent so much time waiting for appropriate coupons for the foam cushions & then again for the right batting. Took wks. to put all the parts together.
Then I emailed the company to question why they'd chg. for shpg. to the store but they ignored me & never responded. So I have a poor attitude about JoAnn's

On top of that, I hate doing the "coupon dance".

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5412797)
They are out already and won't have any more for the sale. :( I talked to a customer rep, who was very nice, but she said they didn't expect such a big response to the ad. Really? I have trouble believing that.

Can anyone say "bait and switch"? These days it's known as luring people to a web site when you know you don't have nearly enough product to satisfy the demand. Not a happy camper here. Since W&N is a mainstay on that web site, I would expect them to take orders against their next shipment. I know the ad says "while quantities last", but really, they were out early this morning, how many could there have been for sale? And I had a 20% off coupon I was going to use, which makes it doubly painful. Sorry... just had to vent.