Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Putting batting strips together, new product!

Blog Entries
    This is one of the why didn't I think of that? I think it's a great money saver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwgsq...layer_embedded

Blog Entries
    thanks awesome link

Neat. Have to look for it.

Thankyou.... Now that is somthing we all could do to save those smaller pieces. I usually butt mine up together and zig-zag stitch them together, but I like this idea better.

Here's something even easier (and probably cheaper!) Use a lightweight fusable interfacing, cut into strips, and use that to piece your bindings. I've been doing this for a couple of years and it works great.

Blog Entries
    I did see that or something similar a few weeks ago. I think it was around $9 per roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley
    Here's something even easier (and probably cheaper!) Use a lightweight fusable interfacing, cut into strips, and use that to piece your bindings. I've been doing this for a couple of years and it works great.
    Shelley, how does this hold up in the wash? I've been tempted to try it, but was afraid it would curl up around the edges if the quilting wasn't really close together.

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    I did see that or something similar a few weeks ago. I think it was around $9 per roll.

Shelley, how does this hold up in the wash? I've been tempted to try it, but was afraid it would curl up around the edges if the quilting wasn't really close together.
    Once it's quilted, it's not going anywhere.

Blog Entries

That's good to know, I think I'll try it. It will be less expensive than the tape. Do you just apply the interfacing to one side of the batting?

That's good to know, I think I'll try it. It will be less expensive than the tape. Do you just apply the interfacing to one side of the batting?
    Yep. All you are trying to do is hold it together until the quilt is quilted. The only time this MIGHT not work real well is if 1) you hand quilt-it might be a little harder to quilt through the tape, maybe. 2) quilt very little. I see that some of you just stitch-in-the-ditch or quilt fairly sparsely. For my quilts, I would want this to be well quilted over in order for it to really hold. Opinion only....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast