Quilt Cottage

Old 05-08-2015, 08:04 AM

Default Quilt Cottage

On a recent trip from Colorado to Pennsylvania we went through Hays, Kansas. There is a quilter's paradise there by the name of the "Quilter's Cottage." Upon seeing a large billboard on the interstate I asked if we could just stop, we needed gas anyway, and my DH never says no. He should, but he doesn't. Anyway if you find yourself near Hays, Kansas do stop by. The shop is beautiful, the selection of fabrics is beyond description and the personnel are super helpful and friendly. Oh, and we stopped on the way home too.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like you have a keeper. Glad you had an enjoyable trip.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

So nice to have someone who knows what you enjoy. Bet he just liked seeing you smile!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:38 AM

Thanks for the tip - We may take advantage of it someday when tooting around in our RV.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:03 AM

I actually was able to visit this shop a few years ago on a trip form Colorado to Virginia. I agree with everything said here. They were a wonderful shop. VERY user friendly!

Happy quilting!
Susan
Old 05-09-2015, 05:12 AM

Default lucky you

Originally Posted by BettyGee View Post
On a recent trip from Colorado to Pennsylvania we went through Hays, Kansas. There is a quilter's paradise there by the name of the "Quilter's Cottage." Upon seeing a large billboard on the interstate I asked if we could just stop, we needed gas anyway, and my DH never says no. He should, but he doesn't. Anyway if you find yourself near Hays, Kansas do stop by. The shop is beautiful, the selection of fabrics is beyond description and the personnel are super helpful and friendly. Oh, and we stopped on the way home too.
How lucky you are to have a keeper!! On a trip to Florida a few years ago my "DH" and I passed a quilt shop. He asked if I'd like to stop, foolish question, then said, "there aren't any parking places, I'll drive around the block and pick you up" lol Needless to say I said "just keep driving". This is the same trip to Florida that we drove to the Keyes, from central USA,
got there about 7 PM, stayed overnight, and the next morning, he headed home saying "well, there's nothing to do here, might as well go home". Guess I'll keep him, too, didn't do that good a job training him so useless to try another one.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:47 AM

Wow! For the first time I see a post about my area! I live near the Quilt Cottage and yes! It is a great shop! They have a large selection of fabrics and yarns, the tools to work with them, and humor and patience to work with me/anyone while trying to decide what I/you want. Stop by and you won't be disappointed. Hays is about half-way between Denver and Kansas City on I-70.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:52 AM

yup, we live in the next town from Hays, KS in Russell, KS. I love there $5.00 monthly quilt gathering that they offer. Love all the ladies. That reminds me I have a gift card for $25.00 for there shop that I won, I better decide what I want to get.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:12 PM

I sometimes go through there on my way from Wyoming to Texas to visit family. I'll be sure to stop in next time. Thanks for posting!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

I go through Hayes on my way to see the family in Denver. I will have to stop the next time...Thanks....