Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Quilt in a day webinar >

Quilt in a day webinar

Quilt in a day webinar

Old 10-12-2016, 11:35 AM

Default Quilt in a day webinar

Went to YouTube to see if I could see the latest (October.) webinar, as I missed the live broadcast. Found it - Lava Lamps - using GO large tumbler die......cute idea. However, I was very disappointed in the presentation....appeared to be a bit disheveled......Hope Eleanor returns soon, or finds someone a bit more polished to continue these presentations.....
Old 10-12-2016, 06:49 PM

Geri - Eleanor was back doing the Block Party yesterday - is that the webinar yiu are looking for? If so, this is a yearly subscription but should be available to all perhaps in a week or two. The lava lamp is cute - and please pardon the presentation. Orion has been subbing for his Mom so this is not his usual gig. I think he's adorable - but his real,job is non on-camera. Eleanor has to use a wheelchair for a while till her leg is stronger - leg is not ready for much walking. Us old ladies take a bit longer to heal😄😄😄😄 although I've never broken anything - yet! Well, except for my left hand when i totaled my car in an interstate in 2012 - bones didn't move so I didn't get a really cool cast - what a bummer as I e never broken anything else. I wanted a hot pink cast - god a boring black bare.😝

All the previous block party videos are available so you can catch up just for 2016 or for earlier years. I think Eleanor may be slowing her pace for awhile as next years block party will be slightly different. She's been doing this for about 38 years!!!! I love Eleanor's videos and have almost all her books. She's done a lot to help beginners and others become successful in quilting without getting frustrated. I started with hand piecing in 1979, added hand appliqué in 1989, already had the hand embroidery stuff from college but even thought I've gotten "decent" with machine piecing I'm still learning. Finally getting my cataracts fixed helped more than 100%.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC