Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Quilt Kit Market closing >

Quilt Kit Market closing

Quilt Kit Market closing

Old 05-26-2015, 08:14 AM

Default Quilt Kit Market closing

I just received an email from Quilt Kit Market (http://www.quiltkitmarket.com/); they are a part of FabShopHop. They are going out of business and have some good deals. I just bought some batiks for $6/yd and a fat quarter bundle for $49.

I am sorry to see another shop close.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

Nice fabric but a lot has sold out. Thanks for the post.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:41 AM

Thanks for posting this notice! I found a lot under "view fabrics by collection" that were still in stock. Great price for stash building-quite a few reds and blues left for those QOV quilts. Now I need to get back to stash slashing.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:22 AM

It is sad to see another shop go. However, shopping through the store, I can understand why customers might have found it frustrating shopping there as opposed to other shops. The descriptions for the FQ bundles and quilt kits were ambigous. There is no information about what is included. When I buy a quilt kit, I want to know how many yards of each fabric that I am getting, not a vague statement that I will get enough to finish a 44"X 60" quilt top. I want to know how many fat quarters are in a bundle and a picture of the fabrics included. I don't want to have to google it and to find out how many FQs are included and hope that what I am ordering is what other sellers are selling. II feel like an owner that cannot bother to put those basic pieces of information in doesn't care (which may or may not be a correct assumption).

Anyway, I did buy a couple of things, a FQ bundle and some moda solids. I am reluctant to spend much more until I know how the service is. If all is well, I might order some more.