Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilting Books Where do you buy yours from? Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    I just did a search on Amazon to see how many different quilting books on the market for sale by authors?

9,146 Titles of Quilting Books

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12775296...20books&page=1

Blog Entries
    I usually buy the quilting books at Joann's with coupon. I have ordered from amazon very fast and reliable service . Also I find old quilting books and magazines at flea markets, rummage sales and antique stores cheap cheap!

Also I love going to thrift stores and Goodwill, usually can find them there.

Have fun searching for quilting books!

Banned
    I use amazon, ebay, overstock.com, as well as libraries that have book sales.

I buy at all of the places you have listed, but moreso at Amazon and Ebay. Occasionally the thrift has a good one or the free table at guild night.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    I usually buy the quilting books at Joann's with coupon. I have ordered from amazon very fast and reliable service . Also I find old quilting books and magazines at flea markets, rummage sales and antique stores cheap cheap!

Also I love going to thrift stores and Goodwill, usually can find them there.

Have fun searching for quilting books!

Blog Entries
    oh yes, quilt guild meetings has free books and sometimes at quilt shows sponsored by the guilds will have quilt books cheap!

tmg
    I buy them from the thrift store, amazon and from other people.

I buy all of mine from ebay.

amazon or McKay's secondhand book store

Books are about the only thing I buy now from Joann's (w/ coupons) I also buy on Amazon, ebay, at Half Price Bookstores and when LQS have a sale.

I buy all of my quilting books from eBay or half.com, as others have said they do. On "My eBay" page, I search for "quilting book" or "baby quilt book" or something similar, set the order of appearance preference for "lowest cost + s/h first," and then stop looking when the price gets higher than I want to pay. When I locate a book I'm interested in, I search for it on amazon.com, locate the book, then do the "search inside" option that lets a person view a few pages of a book or read the reviews. I'm partial to Eleanor Burns' "Quilt in a Day" books, which I often find on eBay, and can usually find the VHS or DVD that goes with the book at a bargain price, too. If I don't find what I want listed, I use the "save search" option, then when the book or DVD is listed by a seller, I'm notified.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast