Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Quilting Quickly Magazine Winter 2013 >

Quilting Quickly Magazine Winter 2013

Quilting Quickly Magazine Winter 2013

Old 11-13-2013, 07:34 PM

Default Quilting Quickly Magazine Winter 2013

The last issue of Jenny Doan's Quilting Quickly magazine is now available at Fons & Porter's online store (both print and digital editions) for those who are unable to find it locally. I'm going on the hunt this weekend; it should be at Jo-Ann's or Barnes & Noble by then (I hope). I have all the other issues and want to round out my collection with the final (sob! sniff!) one too.

http://www.shopfonsandporter.com/cat...lting-quickly/
Old 11-14-2013, 03:46 AM

You can get it at Kroger's as well. I got mine last weekend and I want to have Jenny autograph it when I go see her in Columbus on December 6! I'm so excited!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
The last issue of Jenny Doan's Quilting Quickly magazine is now available at Fons & Porter's online store (both print and digital editions) for those who are unable to find it locally. I'm going on the hunt this weekend; it should be at Jo-Ann's or Barnes & Noble by then (I hope). I have all the other issues and want to round out my collection with the final (sob! sniff!) one too.

http://www.shopfonsandporter.com/cat...lting-quickly/
This magazine didn't last long. Was it only supposed to be a short lived subscription or did it not get the support from subscribers? I bought it.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Got mine yesterday in Publix and then mail came and I got winter Easy quilts, so it was a great day.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM

Dakotamaid, apparently Missouri Star posted on their own forum that it was just too time-consuming for them to produce the magazine. I haven't seen that post, but someone else here spoke about it. I am well and truly bummed out about this news... it had quickly (no pun intended) become my favorite magazine.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

I ordered my issue from Missouri Star Quilt Company. Someone buys up every issue as soon as it's on the shelves at the few stores that carry it here! One store manager said the person was reselling them on Ebay. The fall issues were all sold out at Barnes and Nobles last time. The clerk said one woman bought them all for gifts to her quilting friends. I'll save in gas money paying the shipping.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Karen1956 View Post
You can get it at Kroger's as well. I got mine last weekend and I want to have Jenny autograph it when I go see her in Columbus on December 6! I'm so excited!
WHERE will she be in Columbus on 12/6?????? I'm in Columbus too.....is it at a guild meeting?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I ordered my issue from Missouri Star Quilt Company. Someone buys up every issue as soon as it's on the shelves at the few stores that carry it here! One store manager said the person was reselling them on Ebay. The fall issues were all sold out at Barnes and Nobles last time. The clerk said one woman bought them all for gifts to her quilting friends. I'll save in gas money paying the shipping.
If you buy it from F&P online--digital--no shipping, just $9.99.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 PM

I ordered mine from MSQC, then sent a message asking if Jenny would sign it. I got a reply the next AM saying that she was gone until after Thanksgiving. So I asked them to hold it until she comes back, so she could sign it. I figured if this is going to be the last one, I wanted it signed. I will try to find another copy so I can have it to actually read & use. I understand the reason for not doing any more, but, I hate it. I really love having her patterns in print. The youtube videos are great but, I still like the print ones.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:19 PM

I finally found lots of copies at Joann's this afternoon. :-) Oh, don't we wish Jenny could continue them forever!