Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
QuiltingHub "Worldwide Hub of Quilting/Sewing Resources" >

QuiltingHub "Worldwide Hub of Quilting/Sewing Resources"

QuiltingHub "Worldwide Hub of Quilting/Sewing Resources"

Old 06-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Default QuiltingHub "Worldwide Hub of Quilting/Sewing Resources"

QuiltingHub is maintained by quilters for quilters to share local resources with accuracy.

http://www.quiltinghub.com/
Old 06-03-2013, 04:59 AM

I must say, from the title, that I thought it would be something like the World Wide Quilting Page. This was a pleasant surprise and would be extremely handy to guild organisers who are always looking for speakers/ tutors etc. Makes one think we could do with something similar, except that the population might not be enough to support the effort.!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:28 AM

You are right. It may take a while for people to support it. Not many of us even expect community verified listings on the web. Especially when we get burned out by all those outdated lists and site out there.

The guild speaker stuff does look useful. I use three searches on the home page because they are extremely easy to use:

-- Enter zip code, and click the red events button for quilting events in an area.
-- Enter zip code, and click the blue all button for shops and other places in an area.
-- Enter starting zip, ending zip and click blue go button to shop a route map and all the shops & museums along the way.

I did notice the shop hop events changed. It now includes an interactive map of the shops in the hop. I am going to use it to do the NY State Row By Row Shop Hop starting in July. If they keep adding stuff like this, more and more of us will support it.