Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilts for the Painted Turtle Camp

Posted with permission from PatriceJ 11/15/10

the Painted Turtle is a non-profit camp for kids with non-life threatening debilitating illnesses, a division of the Hole in the Wall Gang camps started by Paul Newman.
    Every camper(including siblings during family weekends) takes home a quilt and a turtle pillow. I know they have been running low on the pillows.
    I f you would like to help, their web page is : http://www.thepaintedturtle.org/turtle/

go to How can I help? the they have a page with the quilt requirements and the patterns for the pillows.
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Thank you for posting this... I have sent them an email regarding the pattern for the pillow :D:D:D

Thanks for the link. What a great cause.

Blog Entries
    The Cotton Patch Quilters of Kern quilt guild (Bakersfield, CA) do the turtle pillows as one of our regular activities. The ladies love doing the cute turtles. We have one of the Painted Turtle Camps not far from us (about 70 miles maybe), and some of the ladies visit there every year to deliver the pillows. It's a wonderful thing they do for the kids, and the kids love the pillows.

bookmarking this for future reference :D

students at my school are required to do 20 hours of community service each year.

the turtle pillows are a project that i sponsor for the kids to earn those hours.

The kids like making them - and i love that they are helping out someone else.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Thank you for posting this... I have sent them an email regarding the pattern for the pillow :D:D:D
    you can get the pattern and instructions on the website...thank you for your help:)

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    The Cotton Patch Quilters of Kern quilt guild (Bakersfield, CA) do the turtle pillows as one of our regular activities. The ladies love doing the cute turtles. We have one of the Painted Turtle Camps not far from us (about 70 miles maybe), and some of the ladies visit there every year to deliver the pillows. It's a wonderful thing they do for the kids, and the kids love the pillows.
    Yeah!!!!! did any of them come down last weekend for the quilt show in palmdale?
    the camp is probably the one in lake Hughes . the camp itself is literally around the corner from my home as the crow flies...but 6 miles by road:)

it is great that they help. I take it you mean in LA ( la la land?)