Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Rings That Bind by Cheryl Philips IS BEING REPRINTED!!! >

Rings That Bind by Cheryl Philips IS BEING REPRINTED!!!

Rings That Bind by Cheryl Philips IS BEING REPRINTED!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Thumbs up Rings That Bind by Cheryl Philips IS BEING REPRINTED!!!

Hi all, I don't usually post here, but I thought some of you would be interested in this news. I had emailed Cheryl's company several months ago inquiring about the book, Rings that Bind, which has been out of print for awhile, but is still highly sought after. Today, I received the following email:

Some time ago you emailed Phillips Fiber Art about Cheryl's book, Rings That Bind. We are so happy to tell you we've talked her into reprinting. Books will be here and available within the next week or so. The book now includes a paper template for the marking square (with quilting lines included) plus two other sizes of arc tool. An acrylic Arc tool is still included in the book as before. The book price is $27.98. You can find it here: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...ngs-that-bind/

Can you imagine making a Double Wedding Ring Quilt without the tiny pieces, without the curved seams, without the binding, then quilting it block by block? If so, the Rings That Bind method is for you! Step by step illustrations guide you through the unique process.

We thought you might also be interested in another technique for the Double Wedding Ring. Although this one isn't block by block, it is probably the fastest way to piece a Wedding Ring quilt! This variation is called The Simple Bands pattern. It uses only one tool, the Simple Curves tool. The tool can be used for several other projects including the Simple Harmony pattern and the Wavy Runner design (this one comes with the tool). Here are some links:

Simple Bands pattern: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...bands-pattern/

tool: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.com/shop/product/simple-curves-tool/

Simple Harmony pattern: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...rmony-pattern/

Happy Quilting,

Phillips Fiber Art

I'm excited about this, and will be pre-ordering my copy. I may not get to this project anytime soon, but I am not going to miss this opportunity.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cass62 View Post
Hi all, I don't usually post here, but I thought some of you would be interested in this news. I had emailed Cheryl's company several months ago inquiring about the book, Rings that Bind, which has been out of print for awhile, but is still highly sought after. Today, I received the following email:

Some time ago you emailed Phillips Fiber Art about Cheryl's book, Rings That Bind. We are so happy to tell you we've talked her into reprinting. Books will be here and available within the next week or so. The book now includes a paper template for the marking square (with quilting lines included) plus two other sizes of arc tool. An acrylic Arc tool is still included in the book as before. The book price is $27.98. You can find it here: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...ngs-that-bind/

Can you imagine making a Double Wedding Ring Quilt without the tiny pieces, without the curved seams, without the binding, then quilting it block by block? If so, the Rings That Bind method is for you! Step by step illustrations guide you through the unique process.

We thought you might also be interested in another technique for the Double Wedding Ring. Although this one isn't block by block, it is probably the fastest way to piece a Wedding Ring quilt! This variation is called The Simple Bands pattern. It uses only one tool, the Simple Curves tool. The tool can be used for several other projects including the Simple Harmony pattern and the Wavy Runner design (this one comes with the tool). Here are some links:

Simple Bands pattern: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...bands-pattern/

tool: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.com/shop/product/simple-curves-tool/

Simple Harmony pattern: http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...rmony-pattern/

Happy Quilting,

Phillips Fiber Art

I'm excited about this, and will be pre-ordering my copy. I may not get to this project anytime soon, but I am not going to miss this opportunity.
I've had this book and templates for a long time but never have made the quilt. I think that it is going to be the only way I get a wedding ring done. Hope I'll be able to get it done before I no longer can sew.
Thanks for posting Cass. Be sure to post your finished quilt. Maybe it will inspire me to make one.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:31 AM

Well, an interesting thing...I just went to Amazon.com to see if the book was there and yes, it was - asking price $95.95, what a disappointment to that seller when she find the reissue of this book,she'll have to reduce her price.........there was a comment about some template not being in one of the books someone bought, I hope this new re-issue will have it....I will pre-order......from Philips website
Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 AM

just reread the blurb from philips and yes, it seems that template is included in the new book, so yes I am going to order right now......
Old 08-22-2012, 06:17 PM

Well, that's interesting because the value of the one I got years ago, with rulers, just lots it's value. I can't say I'm happy to hear that it is being reprinted.

Ellie
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM

WOW! THANKS so very much for posting this. I'd seen references to this book quite a while ago (probably right here) and unless I was willing to pay a pretty high price at an auction, it was not available. My order has been placed!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinglady-1 View Post
I've had this book and templates for a long time but never have made the quilt. I think that it is going to be the only way I get a wedding ring done. Hope I'll be able to get it done before I no longer can sew.
Thanks for posting Cass. Be sure to post your finished quilt. Maybe it will inspire me to make one.
You will love this method of Cheryl's I purchased her book years ago during the first publication of it, and the price was $40.00, with an acrylic template of the the arc tool. I wish I could have had it at the lower price, but oh, well, I still have mine and don't plan to get rid of it. I know many people have wanted this book for several years now. I know the price on Amazon if way tooooo high. I made my daughter the double wedding ring quilt using her method. Enjoy.

Last edited by Gerbie; 08-23-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM

The reprinted book has a different ISBN number and a different number of pages, but it does has the lucite arc template and a paper template for marking the center of the circle. So, while you may not be completely happy that it was reprinted, your out of print book still has value for those that want the original book, not a reprint.

The reprinted book has also been updated and so is not identical to the 2003 book. Don't have the original so don't know what has changed.

Anybody interested, I have a new, just arrived supply of the 2012 book and template at my website: www.thequiltgal.com for $22.40.