Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotary Cutter Blades

I know this has been mentioned in the past, but this is for the newbies. You can purchase carpet cutting blades at Harbor Freight stores or most stores that carry carpet cutting supplies. They will fit your medium size cutters but not small cutters. I bought 2 blades at Harbor Freight for $1.49. Check it out!

Blog Entries
    this is the link online and they have stores, see if there is a store in your area

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...=carpet+blades

Blog Entries
    In the past couple of weeks or 3, they have increased their prices in many places around the country to 1.99.
    See, quilters DO have an impact on the "regular" world!
    :)

Ordered them on line over a month ago. Still waiting for them. Back ordered, they say. I think they are shipping to stores before filling their on-line orders. Luckily, I can wait them out. (They sent me a card saying I could cancel the order if I didn't want to wait). FAT CHANCE. Then I'd have to pay the higher price for them. Guess this is the law of Supply and Demand.

Blog Entries
    i stopped at our harbor freight outlet last saturday. they had only one package of the blades and charged me $1.99. tried one when i got home. did not like it. i guess it didn't fit well in olfa handle or something, because it kept skipping . . . i tried two layers, four layers and six layers of fabric. it just would not work. oh well, so much for that "good deal".

Blog Entries
    When I got mine home, I put one of the blades in my 45mm cutter, and it works great for me. I cut 4 doubled FQs, making 8 layers, and had no problems with it.

I'll have to see when I use the other ones.
    But so far it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sewitseams
    i stopped at our harbor freight outlet last saturday. they had only one package of the blades and charged me $1.99. tried one when i got home. did not like it. i guess it didn't fit well in olfa handle or something, because it kept skipping . . . i tried two layers, four layers and six layers of fabric. it just would not work. oh well, so much for that "good deal".

I went to our Harbor Freight and they were 1.99 for two. They only had one pkg. When I went on line to order they are on back order. It doesn't surprise me as all quilters are on to it. I wonder when they will up the price.

Blog Entries
    I think they already did. A few months ago when this whole thing started, with someone posting about the less expensive blades, they were 1.49 for a package of 2.
    Since then, they have gone up to 1.99.
    I don't think the blades will EVER go up as high as the "quilting" blades, because Harbor Freight and hardware stores still have to sell to the contractor and home improvement trade, and that bunch will never pay 9.00 per each blade - !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lou
    I went to our Harbor Freight and they were 1.99 for two. They only had one pkg. When I went on line to order they are on back order. It doesn't surprise me as all quilters are on to it. I wonder when they will up the price.

TooMuchFabric, love the avatar photo of the crochet doily. Is it from a book or did you make it? Love that pattern.
    I have one more harbour freight store to check in Spokane for the blades.

Thank you ever so much for this tip!! I just placed an order :thumbup:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast