Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ruler-cutter combined

Blog Entries

Ruler-cutter combined

I know many people were wanting one of these rulers that Friskars discontinued. Today, I saw that Quilt in a day now has one, it is called 'sew easy ruler cutter'.

I have the Fiskars one, but, I don't use it often. I found it hard to use and I had to put a lot of pressure on the cutter, not good for someone with carpal tunnel.

Blog Entries
    On backorder. Shipments will go out 5-20-2013. Right now I can't justify paying that for a ruler. I suppose if I had a quilt business then maybe. I tried a friend's last week and needed more pressure. She said works really well for the first 3-4 cuts then she had to change her blade. I'll just take my time.

Something like that would be a Godsend for someone like me whose hands are starting to shake very badly and it's hard to keep the rotary cutter straight.

I saw it used on a Quilt in a day program a bit ago -- I must say it looks interesting but it is pricey.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I have one and love the way it works. I have had no problems with it at all. I have RH and it definately helps in the cutting process

Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
    Something like that would be a Godsend for someone like me whose hands are starting to shake very badly and it's hard to keep the rotary cutter straight.
    I am with you on this--I have my Mom's essential tremor. I can bet I will get a lot shakier in years to come. It might be really good for you, please post and let folks know if this worked for you.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

I bought one, but didn't think it cut all that well. Maybe it needed a new blade from the start.