Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ruler/cutter combo on sale today

Blog Entries

Ruler/cutter combo on sale today

Quilt in a day (Eleanor Burns site) has the new combined ruler/cutter on sale today $39.99 reg $69.99. Good deal, I know people have been waiting for this ruler to become available.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I have one of the originals but this new one seems to have convenient features. I ordered one. Here is video how to use it: https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/ruler/43419
    Got fabric?

Thanks, I just order one.
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

I ordered one from Nancy's Notion. It won't be available until Sept. 13 but with the mailing code it was around $42 total. I figured I could wait with the different between $16 shipping and $2.

Quote Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
    I ordered one from Nancy's Notion. It won't be available until Sept. 13 but with the mailing code it was around $42 total. I figured I could wait with the different between $16 shipping and $2.

Good point! Thanks. I am thinking of getting one, too.

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

Blog Entries
    It looks so easy and holds the fabric. I will have to wait to buy it and hopefully it comes on sale again. I'll ask for it for christmas.on the list it will go. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
    Where would I find the mailing code you referred to?

Blog Entries
    I won a $25 gift card from QIAD and this ruler was on sale at the right time to use it so I didn't care about the shipping cost.
    Got fabric?

I do not like the demo video. She is using the mat to measure to cut the strips instead of the ruler. Why does she not use the ruler? Is it hard to read the numbers because the strip that the blade is in is in the way? I would like it to cut 1/4 and 1/8 numbers and I am not sure how accurate I would get that by measuring on a mat.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    I do not like the demo video. She is using the mat to measure to cut the strips instead of the ruler. Why does she not use the ruler? Is it hard to read the numbers because the strip that the blade is in is in the way? I would like it to cut 1/4 and 1/8 numbers and I am not sure how accurate I would get that by measuring on a mat.
    Anna, I am so glad you brought this up. I just watched the video, too, & immediately was concerned about the same thing as you. I don't use the lines on the mat either. There are so many ways I use my big ruler. I am planning to order one but had the same concern as you.

Hopefully somebody who has one will address this issue for us.

Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast