Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Scrap Quilt Sites >

Scrap Quilt Sites

Scrap Quilt Sites

Old 10-05-2007, 06:54 PM

OH MY GOSH! What a great site! I have copied a number of ideas for quilts and even tho' I am off on a vacation soon, can hardly wait to get home to try some of the ideas out.

Thanks for the site info - at least from me. I think my hubby might disagree!!!!LOL
Old 10-05-2007, 07:19 PM

That is a GREAT site. Thank you for sharing. I bookmarked it for later
2 Doods
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 PM

Oh, I love scrap quilts, they are my all time favorite! Thanks for the great link!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Suz

Rein,

Take your quilting with you on vacation. I prepared ahead of time with a stack of pinks/roses for two layered flowers and then tans for centers, greens for leaves, my templates and the pieced (tans) background. These plus the embroidery yarns (buttonhole stitch) needed to applique the center of a wall hanging. I was able to pin the background to the curtains (makeshift flannel board) in our living room to place the flowers and leaves and had the entire center done when we returned home two weeks later. Presently I am hand-quilting same. -- On other vacations, I have taken projects and my sewing machine. What else to do when the weather does not cooperate?

I don't know if any of you have the same "phobia" but I get "anxious" when I don't touch fabric for a length of time. I've had a period of three weeks without fabric. I could hardly wait to get to my sewing room and stroke by goodies and create something. Anyone else with this problem?

Suzanne

Old 10-06-2007, 02:16 PM

Hi Suz: Appreciate the thoughts. If I were going on just a regular old vacation it would be a grand idea - but since we are meeting 3 other couples and going on a cruise together..... (have not been with the group for over 3 years, so there will be much talking and card playing if there is a lull in activity). If I were to hide out with sewing, it would likely be a very unsociable thing to do - since one of the reasons we are all together is to get caught up! I am still a novice when it comes to quilting, so although I head to sales & buy material rather compulsively already, I can live for a couple of weeks without sewing - I think!
Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Suz

When John and I go, it is usually the two of us most of the time. Our son and family of three more joined us this year for five days. After the little folks were in bed and the TV was just showing football, I would pull out my quilting. We all enjoy sports and it easy to do handwork while peeking at the set from time although I have also pieced a top on vacation. The year that FLOYD hit, we were in the house most of the time.

You are right. You need to be sociable - wouldn't want you to miss anything espcially chatting with folks you haven't see for several years. Go. Have a great time and report back when you get home.

Blessings, Suzanne