Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap User's System

OK... i finally found it... and i hop it's ok to just put the link here..
    This is one of the best articles i've ever read about organizing and using scraps... even incorporating your "not used" pieces...
    Hope it can help a few!!

http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml

Sorry, Still not going to save them. At 20.00 a yd it isn't worth it to me to save every little scrap. When I purchase fabric I have a quilt in mind. When the quilt is done I have got my moneys worth. Not going to waste the time to cut and have all those totes full of scraps taking up my fabric room.!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Sorry, Still not going to save them. At 20.00 a yd it isn't worth it to me to save every little scrap. When I purchase fabric I have a quilt in mind. When the quilt is done I have got my moneys worth. Not going to waste the time to cut and have all those totes full of scraps taking up my fabric room.!!!!!!
    Just send me a big box of what you don't want and I will do the dividing and share with others. You don't have to sort, I will do it. I might, of course, take out a few for my own scrap box. I am most serious. I love doing this and the sharing too.

Quote Originally Posted by McQuilter
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Just send me a big box of what you don't want and I will do the dividing and share with others. You don't have to sort, I will do it. I might, of course, take out a few for my own scrap box. I am most serious. I love doing this and the sharing too.
    The thing is, I don't want them laying around while the sack or tote or whatever gets full.

Blog Entries
    Check out her blog for more great info.

Blog Entries
    Thank you :D:D:D

thanks

Thanks!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    She also has a Yahoo group, to which I used to belong. It's a very active group, but if you are interested in mystery quilts, want help with her scrap savers system, or need help with one of her quilt patterns, then this is a good group to join. The link, is available on the above quiltville website.

I belonged to it for a while, just to see all the beautiful quilts.

Personally, I have to send my quilts out to be longarm quilted and cannot afford to have scrap quilts done. While some of these are downright beautiful, I've too many other quilts on which I want to work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast