Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sew Easy Ruler Cutter @ Quilt in a Day

Blog Entries

Sew Easy Ruler Cutter @ Quilt in a Day

I got an e-mail for Quilt in a day and they have the Sew Easy Ruler Cutter at a great price. I have never tried it but, I bet someone out there has & can tell us about & if it's a good product. Please share your thoughts, please.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Sew Easy Ruler Cutter is A Great Product

Quote Originally Posted by vondae View Post
    I got an e-mail for Quilt in a day and they have the Sew Easy Ruler Cutter at a great price. I have never tried it but, I bet someone out there has & can tell us about & if it's a good product. Please share your thoughts, please.
    I wondered too, but I'm glad I have it as it is a terrific product. I do not believe you would be disappointed if you decide to purchase it.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

By watching the video, she is using the mat as her ruler. I have always heard that is a no-no??? What are your thoughts.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I bought a ruler that looks a lot like that from Wal-Mart. I have no idea what I paid for it as it has been many years ago. I use it all the time. It's 6'' across and 27'' long.

Blog Entries
    I have this ruler/cutter and find it VERY useful and the price is great...much less than at your local quilt store. I was fortunate to receive mine as a gift from my son and DIL when they saw it in operation as we were getting fabric at my LQS and realized how much time it would save me.

Blog Entries
    This ruler is really worth the money...for the first time ever my 77yo mother feels comfortable with cutting fabric for her quilts...I love it, too....

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
    By watching the video, she is using the mat as her ruler. I have always heard that is a no-no??? What are your thoughts.
    The nice British lady, who does good toots, used her cutting board markings in one I watched the other day. Remember, there are no quilt police and do what works and be happy with it. There are also markingings on the ruler. With my arthritis I may go ahead and get it, looks much easier than rotary cutter for many things. Anyone else have one??

I am seriously thinking of getting one -

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

The ruler cuts up to 41/2 ins so you would need to use the mat in addition for anything wider. Blades last MUCH longer with it so I found it a good buy.

Hubby bought me one when I was having elbow /wrist issues it's great! Your hand, arm are in a much different position $ less pressure is put on your wrist when cutting! It's a great ruler!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast