Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Sewing machine pad.. >

Sewing machine pad..

Sewing machine pad..

Old 12-25-2015, 04:58 PM

Default Sewing machine pad..

Do you have one? I don't.......and I just watched a new tute from MSQC...Jenny made one...cute and quick.. I think I'll make one as I have "stuff" around machine...stilletto, ripper, scissors...this might make things a bit neater? Does it for you?...for those who have one.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:33 PM

I have one, when I'm sewing I still have everything lying about beside my machine lol. When I'm finished its good to put everything in to tidy up and keeps everything I need together ��
Old 12-26-2015, 03:28 AM

I have one under my embroidery machine and it's VERY handy
Old 12-26-2015, 05:13 AM

My machine sits in an old farm table. What works for me was putting large cup hooks along the front lower lip of the table. There I hang my scissors, "purple thing", my brass seam ripper, etc. No fancy tread catcher for me either. We drilled a whole in a Folgers coffee can, added a twist tie for extra "loop-ability" and it hangs to the far right for all my small trash. Use what is handy!!
Old 12-26-2015, 05:54 AM

I made one years ago. It's cute but I didn't know much about types of batting back then, so I used one that's very "poofy" so it doesn't work very well. I'm going to try making Jenny's version today with a flatter batting. Just looking in my stash to see if I have any sewing-themed fabric that I can use! I also thought about sewing a piece of that dollar-store shelf lining stuff onto the underside of the mat so it doesn't slip and slide around on my table. I will be using it for a small portable machine that I have which isn't very heavy so that might prevent any "creeping" while sewing!
Old 12-26-2015, 05:54 AM

I don't have one but I watched Jenny's tute at 2:00 a.m. and I think I am making one today for me! Like Jenny, I am always loosing my scissors!
Old 12-26-2015, 05:55 AM

ohhh what a great idea! thanks for sharing. I'm guessing that will be a little project in the next few days! I think I'll make it slightly larger so I can stick a piece of velcro on my pin cushion and stick it to the pad so at least I'll know where to find it when I'm sewing. That thing is forever bouncing around!
Old 12-26-2015, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

I saw this in an email. I would love to have one but my sewing machine sits inside the cabinet.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:39 AM

Wonderful idea... I'll have to make one for myself. I like the idea of having my gadgets in a handy place. Thank you for posting.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

You could take it apart and reuse your fabric with a flatter batting.
Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
I made one years ago. It's cute but I didn't know much about types of batting back then, so I used one that's very "poofy" so it doesn't work very well. I'm going to try making Jenny's version today with a flatter batting. Just looking in my stash to see if I have any sewing-themed fabric that I can use! I also thought about sewing a piece of that dollar-store shelf lining stuff onto the underside of the mat so it doesn't slip and slide around on my table. I will be using it for a small portable machine that I have which isn't very heavy so that might prevent any "creeping" while sewing!