Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ShopGoodwill.com Several Featherweights and 301s

ShopGoodwill.com Several Featherweights and 301s

For those of you looking, there must have been a wave of cleaning out recently and donated to Goodwill. GL!

I noticed this too. Several were from the Oregon Goodwill.
    Karen in Kentucky

Yes I know. I visit the Goodwill website all too often and see a lot of nice sewing machines. I always check the shipping costs to determine whether or not it is a good bargain or not. The sewing machines I have purchased have come to me very well packed. The only problem I have experienced is that often the carrying cases do not ship well and I sure wish Goodwill would have the knowledge to remove the spool pins or cushion them well before shipping. The spool pins have a way of bending or damaging the top cover of the cases during shipping.
    Sweet Caroline

I got a 1950 Kenmore from that site. Also a 1913 Singer model 66 for $43 plus shipping. About $63 total. The singer has been polished completely by me and a man I know who works the sewing clinic at JoAnns tweaked it for me yesterday, oiled it, tweaked the bobbin. Boy! Does she purr. I can't wait to use her. Don't know her name yet...she hasn't told me
    have been happily divorced from the same guy for over 36 years now! Yay!

There is a featherweight singer 220 for sale in there for (so far) $150.00!
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 02-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

That's sad. If Bares hadn't wasted her money on a 301 that she bought from Lostn51 she could buy one. Instead she never got her machine nor did he refund her money.

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    For those of you looking, there must have been a wave of cleaning out recently and donated to Goodwill. GL!