Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Singer Spartin at Goodwill

The auction for this little gem ends just after 11:00 pm on Tues. I wish it was closer to me! The estimated shipping from NY to TX is just over $60.00! Yet if someone lives closer this would be a bargain!
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8807150

Blog Entries
    It said the reserve has not been met yet. So you wonder how much do they want for it. Looks like a nice machine. shipping to Alabama is $49.50

Is this a machine you really want? I live 40 minutes from there. My sister lives there.

Blog Entries
    I had one shipped to me in North Dakota from New York for $30. The only thing wrong was the guy didn't pack it against breakage and the bottom of the machine which is a plastic broke. He refunded my money for the machine and the postage. $61.00 total. She is a nice little gem that sews great but no bottom to set machine into. am looking for one of them unless I can find something to glue mine back together so it holds the machine.

She is a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by bstock
    Is this a machine you really want? I live 40 minutes from there. My sister lives there.
    OH! You're so sweet! Someday I'd like one of these, but if your sister did get it for me she'd still have to ship it & TX is very far from NY! Way too much money!
    I thought that she was so cute that the board would like seeing her, & if someone was close who wanted her they could get her.
    Thanks for the offer! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by bjeriann
    It said the reserve has not been met yet. So you wonder how much do they want for it. Looks like a nice machine. shipping to Alabama is $49.50
    I didn't notice that! It's not a usual thing for Goodwill to do on their sewing machines. Now I'm wondering!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    they sure are proud of their stuff.
    #1-reserve has not been met yet
    #2- only worth about $25.00..easy to get on ebay
    #3- shipping AND a $4 handling charge even if you pick it up!
    #4- foot pedal and wiring are NEW not vintage..so what else has been done to it??
    #5- NO attachments
    #6- MACHINE HAS NOT BEEN FULLY TESTED...big red flag here!

Blog Entries
    I bought a treadle, 1909 Singer....29.21 from Goodwill online, cost me 65.00 to ship it from Michigan, well packed and with the cabinet. Couldn't find anything like it down here in Texas that I could afford. Runs like a dream.....has the beautiful lotus decals on it.

Quote Originally Posted by janceejan
    I bought a treadle, 1909 Singer....29.21 from Goodwill online, cost me 65.00 to ship it from Michigan, well packed and with the cabinet. Couldn't find anything like it down here in Texas that I could afford. Runs like a dream.....has the beautiful lotus decals on it.
    Wow I'd love to see it!! A Treadle would be worth that kind of shipping!! You did great! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast