Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sistine Chapel Tile Work

Sistine Chapel Tile Work

This video is supposed to focus on the frescos of Michaelangelo in the Sistine Chapel. I, however, found the most beautiful section to be the tiled floor. I can see at least ten different quilt blocks. Amazing.

Subject: Fwd: Fw: sistine chapel
    Go on a journey to see the works of one of the world's greatest artist ever and my hero, Michelangelo(1475-1564) spent 16 years painting this 6000 square feet of breath taking scenes from Genesis. The Last Judgement on the alter wall. All this is done in fresco, which is a feat in itself as you are painting on fresh lime plaster.Move the cursor to the edge and click, you can view every detail of the whole church and zoom in to see the paintings up close. Enjoy

http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

Funny you wrote this , it caught my eye, my daughter actually visited the Sistine chapel today with a group of students from the local high school here....she called me today....well it was late in Rome, and explained how absolutely wonderfull it was....she said she cried the whole time she was there.....

Power Poster
    Wow!!!!!!!!!
    SueDor

Blog Entries
    I visited the Sistine chapel last year and spent a lot of the time I was there and in the other Vatican buildings looking at the floor. The tile work is just beautiful. Or gazing at the ceiling Wow the decoration blows your mind.
    Mrs B There is nothing that can't be improved with gold glitter