Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sizzix 75% off sale

Blog Entries

Exclamation Sizzix 75% off sale

On the sizzix.com website they have all dies made before 2013 at 75% off. Great deal for those with a big shot or big shot pro (and maybe the studio? Not sure). The sale lasts until the 7th of july.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone use the sizzix dies in the Accuquilit Studio?

Not sure about the studio, but you cannot use Sizzix dies in the Accuquilt Go. Not even with an adapter.

Blog Entries
    That's correct-they won't fit in the GO.

I ended up with 5 dies (2 bigz and 3 pro) and 2 paper embossing folders for $60 before tax/shipping. That is the regular price of just one of the XL dies!

Blog Entries
    fyi-they changed the sale. Now it's only on selected dies. I hate when companies change a deal mid sale. I still have the graphic from the original one because I had it posted on facebook.

Thanks! On my way to shop now .

Blog Entries
    Has anyone tried to use fabric in the sizzix? I would think it would cut the fabric as well as it cuts paper. I haven't tried it yet as I do not do much applique
    ​We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone.

Blog Entries
    I have the sizzix big shot pro and the one I have is made for cutting fabric. I bought this to replace my accuquilt Go and it works way better. I love my big shot pro!

Thanks for the heads up! I have the Big Shot and the Accuquilt Go and I use both. I picked up some applique dies (monkey head, cat) and some rectangle dies and strip dies for the Big Shot and got 7 different dies for $50! I like the Go for cutting bigger squares and I like the Big Shot for cutting applique shapes and smaller squares. The Big Shot isn't as hard to turn the handle and takes up smaller space. Love both! Price wise the Big Shot is cheaper to use, but the Go cuts bigger squares, etc. I usually pick up my Go dies when Joann has them on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondee View Post
    Has anyone tried to use fabric in the sizzix? I would think it would cut the fabric as well as it cuts paper. I haven't tried it yet as I do not do much applique

I use the Sizzix Big Shot to cut my smaller scraps into squares. Works beautifully! It can cut about 5 layers with one pass. I have dies that cut 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2" squares.

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast