Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sock monkey kit

I was looking for machine parts and found this and remembered someone here wanted a sock monkey pattern.

http://sewing-notions-store.com/subc...bcat=Novelties

The pattern usually comes with the package of two socks. The socks can be found in most farm stores such as Big R, Rural King, and Farm & Fleet. The can also be found at some of the sock booths in Mansfield, Indiana during the Covered Bridge Festival in October each year. Sometimes if you have a Ben Franklin or some other store that we used to refer to as a Five and Dime store you can find them there too. Once you have the pattern you can use almost any over-the-calf or knee sock to make the monkeys. Some of the newer over the knee socks make some really cute very long legged ones. Those are great for attaching velcro to the hands and feet so that they can hug you. Hope this helps those of you that are wanting these. Also, if you look up a web site called Happy Hybrids there's things made from ankle socks and those "one size" gloves---very cute.

Thanks for posting. I was looking for the pattern. However, googled it and found a free pattern online. Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated and will keep the info on the kit.

Thanks for posting. I was looking for the pattern. However, googled it and found a free pattern online. Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated and will keep the info on the kit.

thanks for the links i will keep them

pal
    Here's my monkey doll, and others made with short socks from Michaels -(red, white & black) $1.00 per pair. They come up to about the ankle.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32492-1.htm

This was the entire kit, socks included, I hadnt seen them in years.