Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Handbag Patterns

Banned
    these are some free handbag patterns i've been collecting lately and i thought you guys might like to have them too.

its fun to take a break from the big quilt projects and make a bag every now and then.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    and here's the last one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Blog Entries
    KLue, thanks so much for the patterns. I can't wait to make one. Hmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions!!! LOL

Those are fun patterns. I love making quilted hand bags. I now have 8 bags I've made for myself - I have to have one bag to go with each pair of shoes of course! Thanks for sharing! :D

Judi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Klue, these are wonderful patterns. Thank you for sharing! Have you made many bags? and sell them?
    actually my entire step into sewing and starting a business was with handbags.

the only reason i wanted to learn to quilt was to make patchwork handbags. i ended up just falling madly in love with quilting and its now my primary craft.

i still make and sell handbags - i always bring handbags to the craft fairs. they're perfect for people who don't want something for their walls and they're reasonably priced.

handbags are by far the biggest profit when you compare sales price to the number of hours you put into the project. i can make a handbag in 2-3 hours tops but some quilts take me 60 hours to complete.

i also make them for the church christmas fair and i get orders from people who want to give them for gifts.

the bags that i sell typically have metal snaps, a matching key fob, and if its a style that i can put metal feet on i do that too.

when i make the bags for me i don't always take the time to put in all that hardware.

I think I would like to try the Sweet Sixteen. I bought a pattern for a tote and have downloaded different patterns, too. They look like they would be fun to make....and would make a great gift.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Awesome Patterns, thanks for sharing :D :D :D

Thanks so much for sharing the patterns, can't wait to try a couple of them

Oh thank you the sweet sixteen one will be perfect for a diaper bag.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast