Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Spanish/Mexican Quilting

Banned

Spanish/Mexican Quilting

There was a post sometime ago wanting information about quilting books with Spanish/Mexican themes.
    I have been searching for a name and finally found it. Look for this book and especially the author. Jane has done extensive writing on the subject. The Tortilla Quilt Story [Hardcover]
    Jane Tenorio-Coscarelli (Author)

She's written two other books, one is "The Pinata Quilt".

Blog Entries
    I believe she has one called the Tamale Quilt too. I bought the tortilla quilt book for me and my granddaughter when she was little and now that you reminded me I think I will now share it with my great daughter who happens to be the niece of the granddaughter I bought the book for. The book is very easy for a child to learn to read or have as a bedtime story it has the instructions to the quilt along with the receipe for tortillas. Yum yum. I saw the pinata book however I felt it was geared more toward little boys and I don't have any of that age anymore but when I do I will probably be hunting down the book. Enjoy your quilt making.