Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
stolen quilts...please share...pictures of quilts stolen >

stolen quilts...please share...pictures of quilts stolen

stolen quilts...please share...pictures of quilts stolen

Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 AM

I'm so sorry for this loss. Will pray that get found and returned.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM

I added the info to my Facebook pages...with pictures. This is just wrong on so many levels. I hope the are found soon.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 AM

It is heart breaking all your beautiful quilts gone. I have lived in this area for a long time and will tell anyone traveling through to never leave anything in a car in a hotel or motel parking lot.San Antonio to Austin it is something you here about all the time. It even goes on when you are eating or shopping, if it can be seen in the car someone will try to take it. They have stolen moving U Hall trucks of family's moving to race cars in hotel parking lots, so be sure to take what you have in your car inside. I will be keeping an eye out for your quilts in the local flea markets. I sure hope they are found.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
I understand her frustration and disappointment; however, common sense would dictate that something as valuable as those quilts would not be left in any vehicle ever, especially overnight at a hotel/motel. A thief sees a suitcase and sees dollar signs. Maybe ten years ago, the vehicle would have been left alone; however, now days with so many people on drugs and out of work, this type of behavior unfortunately will escalate. Just at Christmas when the police tell everyone not to keep valuables in their vehicles due to thieves, this sound advice needs to be heeded all year around. This is just my opinion. Tks. G
Unfortunately, this statement is very true. Cars are being broken into while in their own driveways (mine) and since I don't leave anything of value in it-they took the garage door opener- which meant getting the garage door people to come out and reprogram and get me a new remote ($150) and also about 6 "used" Walmart gift cards, which I used for getting gas...but they were all down to zero balancer-ha, ha, to whomever...........Neighbor saw teens sitting on the curb at the house next door and really did not think about anything.........who knows.....now, however, I am really conscious of everything and everybody!!! and leave nothing in the vehicle no matter where I park.........not a good way to live, but things are not good these days.......
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM

This is so sad! These quilts are so beautiful and I hope they are found!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Smile Stolen Quilts

I am in California, But will keep an eye out for them . Are they marked in any way so people can id them ,a name or other markings. On some of my Quilts I have put who they are for and made by . but DGDtook it off. we should put a cloth with the name of maker on the in side of the quilt. Dottie Bug
Old 03-22-2012, 06:17 AM

Those are stunning! It's awful that the thief didn't appreciate the artist. Maybe a alarm chip could be placed under the label so the owner could locate it with GPS and the thief can't deactivate it without the "key code".