Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stolen quilts...please share...pictures of quilts stolen

Blog Entries

stolen quilts...please share...pictures of quilts stolen

I am so sorry that happened. Whoever took your quilts and things have no idea of what a treasure the have taken, nor how much time and effort and "lifes blood'' have gone into the making. I just pray when they realize what they have they will make the effort to return it all to you. They don't realize the monetary value of what they have taken, or even where to take them to find someone who realizes the value. Again, so sorry for your loss.

Blog Entries
    How heartbreaking....her quilts are so beautiful!!!!

Oh, I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just added this to my Pinterest site....

Power Poster
    How awful that someone stole her beautiful work. I hope they are recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie M. View Post
    I am so sorry that happened. Whoever took your quilts and things have no idea of what a treasure the have taken, nor how much time and effort and "lifes blood'' have gone into the making. I just pray when they realize what they have they will make the effort to return it all to you. They don't realize the monetary value of what they have taken, or even where to take them to find someone who realizes the value. Again, so sorry for your loss.
    I think it is the opposite to this. They know exactly how much they are worth and it should be regarded as the same as any other art theft.

Blog Entries
    I understand her frustration and disappointment; however, common sense would dictate that something as valuable as those quilts would not be left in any vehicle ever, especially overnight at a hotel/motel. A thief sees a suitcase and sees dollar signs. Maybe ten years ago, the vehicle would have been left alone; however, now days with so many people on drugs and out of work, this type of behavior unfortunately will escalate. Just at Christmas when the police tell everyone not to keep valuables in their vehicles due to thieves, this sound advice needs to be heeded all year around. This is just my opinion. Tks. G

Sorry that happened. Will share the info with friends in Texas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
    I understand her frustration and disappointment; however, common sense would dictate that something as valuable as those quilts would not be left in any vehicle ever, especially overnight at a hotel/motel. A thief sees a suitcase and sees dollar signs. Maybe ten years ago, the vehicle would have been left alone; however, now days with so many people on drugs and out of work, this type of behavior unfortunately will escalate. Just at Christmas when the police tell everyone not to keep valuables in their vehicles due to thieves, this sound advice needs to be heeded all year around. This is just my opinion. Tks. G
    I agree but I sure hope they are found. I would have taken the suitcase inside the motel with me or locked it in the trunk of the car. Now days too many people have no regard for other peoples belongings - too many think they are owed things themselves and if it is there it is for the taking. Also New B. is on I-35 and it is very very busy. They could be anywhere by now. Most likely in San Antonio or in Mexico even. My son lives near New B.
    Last edited by Gerbie; 03-19-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast