Store Closing

Old 06-01-2015, 07:33 PM

Default Store Closing

The Best Kept Secret Quilt Shop will be closing 10/31/15 or when inventory is gone. Don't know if anyone has shopped there. Just passing the news along.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

here's a link http://www.thebestkeptsecret.com/
Old 06-02-2015, 07:13 AM

That's too bad, I hate seeing a shop close. Maybe it shouldn't have been such a secret...
Old 06-02-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
That's too bad, I hate seeing a shop close. Maybe it shouldn't have been such a secret...
They were around 16 years. Here is the email she sent out:

Dear Loyal BKS Customers,

BKS went online April 1, 1999; a little over 16 years ago; it was an exciting time in my life. Those 16 years have been fun, fulfilling and inspiring. I have learned many things from my customers, but mostly, women and men who quilt and create are special and it has been a privilege to spend time with many of those special people.

After much thought, prayer, many shed tears and the support of my wonderful family, BKS is closing its doors. I plan to stay busy quilting and I am going to return to my first love, machine quilting. I also want to spend more time with my family, especially my precious granddaughter Claire. I have many unfinished projects I want to finish.

The online shop as well as the bricks and mortar store will continue to be open until the shelves are empty or October 31, 2015, whichever comes first.

BKS will continue to participate in the Wyoming Shop Hop and I am looking forward to seeing customers from all over the state.

BKS will be running some great sales over the coming months and will keep you informed via email.

Our in-store hours will continue to be Tuesday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Closed Sunday and Monday.

I want to thank all of my loyal customers for the wonderful 16 years. Keep creating and inspiring others.

Thank you for your time and I will keep you posted.

Happy quilting,

Julie Weber
Owner
Best Kept Secret Quilt Shop
Old 06-03-2015, 05:23 AM

16 yrs was a good run for any business....I imagine owning a quilt shop is a 24/7 proposition, as is most private businesses. She is now entitled to enjoy life a bit! Too bad someone else isn't going to continue.....but since the cost of fabric, like everything else, it seems, keeps creeping up, this trend will continue...fab stores will have to get really creative to stay in business...