Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Strangest fabric shop I've ever seen >

Strangest fabric shop I've ever seen

Strangest fabric shop I've ever seen

Old 09-22-2014, 07:31 PM

Default Strangest fabric shop I've ever seen

My wife and I recently visited Pensacola, FL and went to Martelli Enterprises. They have an amazing array of products, and I was unaware of most of them. After talking to the salesman for a while and coveting most everything in their shop, we asked him to recommend a fabric shop. Without hesitating he said, "A and E Pharmacy."

I started to ask him if he was joking and he said, "Yes, you heard me right." We followed his directions and sure enough, the store was awesome. We didn't have enough time to see everything the first day, so we went back later in the week. It really is a combination drug store and crafting store. They also sell furniture and appliances. Strangest assortment I've ever seen, but they have been there for years and it seems to work for them.

We bought things at both places, and next time we are in Pensacola we will definitely go back to them both. If you are in the area they are both worth a visit.

Darren

Last edited by wesing; 09-22-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

​I think Bonnie Hunter posted about it once with pictures. From the outside it kind of looked like a warehouse but inside ......quilters candy store.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Been there many times and LOVE IT! They always have a great new sale every month and a very friendly and helpful staff. If you are ever close by don't miss out on the chance to stop. Doesn't look like much from the outside but wonderful inside!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:53 PM

sounds like a nice place to spend a long time shopping in there, I know I would spend hours in there
Old 09-23-2014, 03:01 AM

It's our hidden gem for sure! When I took a friend there for the first time, we were there for over 3 hours. At one point she said, "This must be what crack feels like." A terrific store.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:19 AM

This is my favorite fabric store! Was just there on Saturday and spent a lot of money. I was there for over two hours and didn't even go down all of the aisles. I too learned of this store while at Martelli's for a quilt class, it was the best advise I ever received.

Jan
Old 09-23-2014, 06:21 AM

Wish I was close enough to check it out. I always loved hardware stores that had lots of other stuff. Lots of fun.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
It's our hidden gem for sure! When I took a friend there for the first time, we were there for over 3 hours. At one point she said, "This must be what crack feels like." A terrific store.
That's funny!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:54 AM

Now, for sure I am going to set in on the hubby for a road trip. We love to go to the beach and this is the perfect time to go; no kids all over everywhere, and lots of empty rooms just for a stopover night if that is what we want to do. We've been to Pensacola a time or two, but had kids with us, so the beach was what we did. I hadn't heard of the drugstore-warehouse, but we'll be checking it out soon. Thanks ladies.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Great marketing. I'd love to be able to go there, but probably won't make it. We do have a Ben Franklin Craft Store in an Ace Hardware Store in a nearby NH town, so that store probably isn't a stretch, except for fabrics in a drug store? WOW.