Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Superior Threads new app >

Superior Threads new app

Superior Threads new app

Old 09-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

Default Superior Threads new app

Have you seen the new apps from Superior Threads? There are 3 of them and they are great! One is a thread inventory app, so you can keep track of your threads and know when you need to buy more ( now, maybe I won't come home with 3 new whites to find I have lots of white and am out of blue!) Another app is one that estimates how much thread you will need to quilt your quilt.... Boy, that one will be handy... No more running out 3/4 of the way done only to find I can not find that color now.... And the third app is a thread selector app, to help you decide what thread will be best for what ever you are working on.
I am in no way connected to Superior Threads (boy, that would be awesome!) But was pretty excited to find these 3 Apps today- thought I would pass on the news
Old 09-18-2014, 04:02 AM

Awesome Information Thank You! My mom and I once thought it would be nice to have a pedometer on our sewing machine to see how much thread we are using on a qult!! or just in general!!!!! YIKES maybe I don't want to know!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 AM

Thanks for sharing - need to check that out before I start quilting my next projects!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:23 PM

I have them down loading on my iPad as I say thank you for the info
Old 09-20-2014, 07:41 AM

Going to go look for them right now. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 AM

Thanks for the info. Will go looking at them in a second.

Smartphones and apps are the common thing these days. I remember when the only place we could buy thread was at the 5 & dime Ben Franklin store in a small town. We didn't have to worry about having too many because we only bought what we needed for the current project and there was a never-ending supply to be had at the store. Not that it perfectly matched the colors in the project, but we all found out that it worked and no one was the wiser. Aahhh....those were the days.

Now, I have 6 of those Joan satchels filled with different embroidery thread sets and a large 3 drawer, Wal Mart, rolling cart...just embroidery. And 3 small rolly carts of different quilting thread for the long arm and 3 Satchels of piecing, 50 wt to 80 wt, for all those piecing or applique needs. Just off the top of my head, I must have close to 16 spools of thread, and most of them are 1100 yards or larger. My, times have changed!
Old 09-20-2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
Have you seen the new apps from Superior Threads? There are 3 of them and they are great! One is a thread inventory app, so you can keep track of your threads and know when you need to buy more ( now, maybe I won't come home with 3 new whites to find I have lots of white and am out of blue!) Another app is one that estimates how much thread you will need to quilt your quilt.... Boy, that one will be handy... No more running out 3/4 of the way done only to find I can not find that color now.... And the third app is a thread selector app, to help you decide what thread will be best for what ever you are working on.
I am in no way connected to Superior Threads (boy, that would be awesome!) But was pretty excited to find these 3 Apps today- thought I would pass on the news
Interested in these apps. Looked at Superior's website but couldn't find them. Where do I look?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:01 PM

http://www.superiorthreads.com/apps/
Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
Oh....there they are! Thank you!