Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Superior Threads Newsletter About Rayon Thread

Blog Entries

Superior Threads Newsletter About Rayon Thread

I received a newsletter in my email this morning from Superior Threads. They discuss rayon thread for embroidery. I don't embroider, but I thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://www.superiorthreads.com/blog/...-rayon-thread/
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-10-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: replaced copyright info with link

Banned
    Note to MACHINE AND HAND QUILTERS:
    the newsletter also is offering Perfect Quilter thread cotton 30/3 - cones for $10 each. That's 1/3rd of the regular price ($29.95). Spools are also 1/3rd of regular price.
    Bob is discontinuing the line.
    http://www.superiorthreads.com

Thanks for the info. I have run embroidery machines both commercial and domestic for 20+ years I have used both types of thread and can tell you from my experience and much trial and error that the polyester thread are far and away the better threads to use for embroidery , especially on items that will be washed several times.

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieBB View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have run embroidery machines both commercial and domestic for 20+ years I have used both types of thread and can tell you from my experience and much trial and error that the polyester thread are far and away the better threads to use for embroidery , especially on items that will be washed several times.
    Yup. I agree. I'm using up all my old, Sulky rayon and not buying any more. It's Isacord for me all the way now.

Blog Entries
    I tried rayon a few times and wonder why so many embroiders use it. Are they brainwashed? LOL
    Got fabric?