Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Tabletop Ironing Pad Tutorial >

Tabletop Ironing Pad Tutorial

Tabletop Ironing Pad Tutorial

Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 PM

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot....-tutorial.html
Old 01-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Banned

Hi Sondray . I just would like to warn people the heat reistant fabric [ silver ] gets very hot !!! I bought a replacement ironing board cover like this . I burned my hands and fingers several times . I folded an old piece of sheet and put on top , now no burns . So to all my sewing / quilting friends just be careful !

Annie
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 PM

I agree with stitchin - HIGHLY recommend a fabric cover over the top of the silver padding.....gets EXTREMELY hot!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Hi Sondray . I just would like to warn people the heat reistant fabric [ silver ] gets very hot !!! I bought a replacement ironing board cover like this . I burned my hands and fingers several times . I folded an old piece of sheet and put on top , now no burns . So to all my sewing / quilting friends just be careful !

Annie
The InsulBrite used in this pattern is not the same thing. InsulBrite can be use to keep cold or hot. The InsulBrite is not visible. It is covered with another fabric usually cotton. It is an insulator not a heat conductor. The silver you are writing about is the stuff they use to use for ironing boards and oven mitts. It was a heat conductor. I don't even know if you can still get it. But for sure, this pattern calls for InsulBrite and it would be a shame to scare people from using it as I use it all the time and it is fabulous stuff! It will not burn you or anything.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae

Annie
The InsulBrite used in this pattern is not the same thing. InsulBrite can be use to keep cold or hot. The InsulBrite is not visible. It is covered with another fabric usually cotton. It is an insulator not a heat conductor. The silver you are writing about is the stuff they use to use for ironing boards and oven mitts. It was a heat conductor. I don't even know if you can still get it. But for sure, this pattern calls for InsulBrite and it would be a shame to scare people from using it as I use it all the time and it is fabulous stuff! It will not burn you or anything.
I am wrong. She does list the ironing board silver material also. Just don't even buy it. Just use the insulBrite and cotton Fabric. That is all you need. Why she is even listing it is beyond me. With the insulbrite it is not needed. :D
Old 01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned

Donna is insulbrite a type of batting ? I have never used that . Annie
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Donna is insulbrite a type of batting ? I have never used that . Annie
Yes it is but you use it for projects like ironing covers, Water bottle bags to keep your beverage cold, (or hot) lunch bag totes and things like that. It is an insulator batting. :D
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned

ok , ty. Annie