Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is there an embroidery board like our quilting board?

Blog Entries
    I have a friend who belongs to an embroidery board she is listed on here but I can't remember under what name if you PM me I could call her and ask her

Blog Entries
    I have a used Viking Designer I. Have used it quite a bit and purchased some designs from my dealer. I also suggest taking the free lessons. It really helped me. Now I'd like to get the equipment needed so I can get designs from the computer for my machine. I have it for my Brother SE350 but find that I don't know what the Viking's is called. Thought if I could buy it online it would be cheaper. Definitely can't afford to get it from the dealer at the present time. He's talking $400-500. My wallet isn't thick enough. Any ideas or answers anyone?
    When life goes to pieces, make quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by betty jo View Post
    I am thinking of buying an embroidery machine and need help with designs and etc. Does anyone know if there is such a board out there somewhere? any help will be appreciated...have a bless day...
    Thanks for asking about Embroidery, I didn't know this board was here. I have been using the quilting board for several months now. Just today I received notice that there is an update on Embird and thought I should get back into embroidery. I have been obsessed with learning quilting and have neglected the embroidery. I have a Brother 750D & a Innovis 2500D.

[QUOTE=Marge L.;5370797]I have a used Viking Designer I. Have used it quite a bit and purchased some designs from my dealer. I also suggest taking the free lessons. It really helped me. Now I'd like to get the equipment needed so I can get designs from the computer for my machine. I have it for my Brother SE350 but find that I don't know what the Viking's is called. Thought if I could buy it online it would be cheaper. Definitely can't afford to get it from the dealer at the present time. He's talking $400-500. My wallet isn't thick enough. Any ideas or answers anyone?[/QUOTE

Have you tried EBAY to see if someone possibly has the software? You could probably use something like Embird as well...
    Kitty

I am so glad to get all this machine embroidery info! Whooppee!

Quote Originally Posted by joann11 View Post
    SewForum.com. lots of free ones and good designs
    Ditto...I like this forum as well
    "Never approach a bull from the front,a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

Hi Judy, where in Richmond will the class be? Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by VivianW View Post
    Which Viking do you have? I've got the Designer SE and have less than 3 hours on it. I like your idea about tutorials - never done that before. I've purchased some designes, however, afraid of machine so don't use it...
    I haven't bought an embroidery machine yet, but plan on buying a Brother. I know your feeling about being afraid, I'm kinda afraid that when I buy one I won't know what to do with it...too much money involved not to use it, so I have promised my DH that I will use it..

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    WoW! I just brought an embroidery machine and had the same question. I have no idea how to use it at all but I am going to get to know my machine a little at a time. I did not know the board had a chat but of course it would so I will dropping by to chat too. Very informative thread. Thanks for sharing.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast