Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there an embroidery board like our quilting board?

Is there an embroidery board like our quilting board?

I am thinking of buying an embroidery machine and need help with designs and etc. Does anyone know if there is such a board out there somewhere? any help will be appreciated...have a bless day...

That's a good question. You will love machine embroidery.
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Blog Entries
    If at all possible I'd recommend buying from a dealer that offers free classes. I know that's not always easy to do depending on where you live or how much you can spend. My next advice is that when you go to sites like emblibrary.com and all the others check out thier free tutorials and projects. emblibrary also has kennys corner which has tutes on stabliziers, threads, fabrics,etc. I read everything. Even from machine sites, I have a Viking so of course I read what they have but other machine sites have tips on hooping, fabric, etc as well. Also, if you go to yahoo, they have a group for just about any machine you can buy. Join that group then you'll have help from people who use that machine. The basics of embroidery is the same but each machine has its own personality. If you get the chance take classes. I'm going to weekend class in October that I just heard about in Richmond VA, it's only $99 for two days, they supply everything, including use of the machines and you get a CD of designs from a designer that I've seen one of her quilt designs sell for $89 but it self. It's a good deal. If you need any help feel free to pm me and I'm sure there are lots of others that would love to help you. I'm still learning but I really love embroidering.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    SewForum.com. lots of free ones and good designs

Blog Entries
    Cute embroidery.com . Friendly people you can ask and answer. Free embroidery and you can become a member. One of my favorite sites.....

Blog Entries
    We have an embroidery thread right here!
    Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun
    Krystyna
    Embrace each new day with gratitude

There are tons of them on yahoo groups...many are specific to a brand of machine, so you could probably learn a lot about each brand through them...but many are also non specific , just general machine embroidery groups.
    Another site I like is on Garden web..
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/embroidery/

Thank you sooo much for this link; I have already put it in my "favorites" hope you have a great day...

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    We have an embroidery thread right here!
    Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun
    I am sooo glad you told me about this thread; I did not know about it; have already checked out a few pages on it and will keep reading more today. thanks again for your time & info...

Blog Entries
    Which Viking do you have? I've got the Designer SE and have less than 3 hours on it. I like your idea about tutorials - never done that before. I've purchased some designes, however, afraid of machine so don't use it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast