Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Thread $1.12 @ Connecting Thread >

Thread $1.12 @ Connecting Thread

Thread $1.12 @ Connecting Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 AM

Default Thread $1.12 @ Connecting Thread

Connecting Thread has some of their threads 60% off. Not sure if these threads are discontinued. Beautiful colors $1.12 per spools.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:34 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add the link.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/thr...om2--ThreadWN5
Old 02-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Some of these colors are fairly new but I find they discontinue their colors constantly. I usually order at least 3 spools of each color so I have enough for at least 2-3 quilts in the future. Had their "Plum" color years ago and needed more only to find out they had discontinued it so went online to see if anyone had some they were willing to sell to me. Found a couple sellers willing and just shortly after that CT had a thread sale only and they had some "Plum" again. Must have found it in their warehouse buried somewhere.

Love their threads and use both their polyester and cotton threads.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:56 AM

I was telling a friend about their threads yesterday. When we went to their site, I was surprise to see it for this price. I love their thread. I find it to be a good price even when it's not on sale.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:21 AM

Time to stock up!!

I wish the name labels on their thread stayed with the spool once you unwrapped it. That's my biggest gripe about their thread...once I unwrap it, good luck trying to remember or figure out what color it was online. For awhile I was carefully trimming the name out of the label and taping it inside the spool but that's just too much hassle for the amount of thread I buy from them.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the info. I went on to buy a dozen and few other items. I really like their fabrics and threads. ;o)
Old 02-04-2015, 11:39 PM

You're welcome.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:55 AM

Thanks for the info. I do find they discontinue colors. I like caramel, ordered this color a year or so apart and I got two different colors of caramel. They didn't have a very good explanation of why. lol
Old 02-05-2015, 05:29 AM

I saw their ad this am and now am reading about it here. I was wondering about the quality of their thread, apparently it is pretty good. Thanks for the info. I think I am going to order some today.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by psychonurse View Post
I saw their ad this am and now am reading about it here. I was wondering about the quality of their thread, apparently it is pretty good. Thanks for the info. I think I am going to order some today.
It's not what I would call super high quality - it's not Aurifil or Precensia. But it's GOOD thread, I like it better than Coats & Clark or Robison-Anton and it's ridiculously cheap. It's thicker and lintier than Aurifil or Precensia, but I like the thickness for doing quilting (or any stitches) that I want to have show up and it's no lintier than C&C or R-A (possibly less). Never found a knot (which I have found in other much more expensive threads) and no problems with breakage or anything like that.

So, I'm a fan! I just ordered about 30 more spools thanks to this sale. I love that I can afford to have a spool of every color on hand, so I have a fabric stash AND a thread stash to feed my creativity.