Tula pink

Old 02-18-2015, 01:31 PM

Default Tula pink

Just recd her book City Sampler....amazon-good price....anyway, although it is modern 6" finished....looks like it can be fun.....from looking quickly thru it, looks like most pieces are in 1/2" increments/rectangles, squares, flying geese..not some silly 5/16" shape.... And the setting ideas are cool...have a GD that, I think, will like this......so maybe a good housewarming gift...... Anyone here doing this?
Old 02-19-2015, 05:29 AM

Have the book. Oganizing my inherited stash. Figuring out how to run my new machine. And then, ...

See you there.

Pat
Old 02-19-2015, 07:27 AM

I have the book here also. I got if from the library. I am trying to decide if I want to do it.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:53 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I watched her on Sewing with Nancy and liked her alot ! I may have to go to the library to get her new book !
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 AM

I got the book from the library, after reading mixed reviews on Amazon. I found that while I didn't like all of the blocks, there were a handful that I thought were interesting and of which I made note. I have plans to do something with them at some point...
Old 02-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Will have to check out my small library and see if they have it.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:37 AM

I am "warming up" to the more modern quilt look......maybe because have done most of the traditional blocks I wanted to do, so these look so simple they are intriguing to me......and I have a plethora of fat quarters that I wonder WHY...this may be the solution for that! The prints may look good in these small increments...will do a few to see....
Old 02-19-2015, 02:07 PM

I just finished this quilt and had a lot of fun making it. Since the blocks are small, you can do it scrappy as well. One fun part was naming all the blocks as I made them. I am going to enter it in my guild's quilt show next month. I posted a photo of mine on a previous thread, "Almost finished."

I went to Tula Pink's trunk show this weekend at a LQS. Tula said that in some ways this is her take on Dear Jane until she has time to make her own Dear Jane with the applique. If you look at the quilting on the on her Gridlock layout in the book, Tula said that she had Angela Walters quilt the sample with the border triangles as a tribute to Dear Jane.

Last edited by caspharm; 02-19-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
I just finished this quilt and had a lot of fun making it. Since the blocks are small, you can do it scrappy as well. One fun part was naming all the blocks as I made them. I am going to enter it in my guild's quilt show next month. I posted a photo of mine on a previous thread, "Almost finished."

I went to Tula Pink's trunk show this weekend at a LQS. Tula said that in some ways this is her take on Dear Jane until she has time to make her own Dear Jane with the applique. If you look at the quilting on the on her Gridlock layout in the book, Tula said that she had Angela Walters quilt the sample with the border triangles as a tribute to Dear Jane.
I would like to see your pic but can't figure out where/how to find it.........dummy me.....
Old 02-20-2015, 09:43 AM

Here is the thread: Almost Finished! (first posted 01-29-2015) in the pictures section.