Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turning Charms On Point

I added a picture of one of my table runners in the "pictures thread" that I made using the Charms on Point technique.

Fairly new to quilting but would like to try this. Got lost after first cut. Count down to 5th block on left then cut from top of this block to bottom right hand corner. Hard to tell by pictures looks like one is missing. Do you go back to the upper left where you cut then go straight across?

Quote Originally Posted by mumzer View Post
    Fairly new to quilting but would like to try this. Got lost after first cut. Count down to 5th block on left then cut from top of this block to bottom right hand corner. Hard to tell by pictures looks like one is missing. Do you go back to the upper left where you cut then go straight across?
    I start my cute at the bottom...then sew bottom to top. The arrows are showing where I sewed the two together(bottom to top). Then cut again from the corner to the upper edge. and move it to the other side and sew together and there you go....charms on point : )

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    so if you 'double' the sqs will it still work?? 16 across x24 down??

I always try it on paper first....just draw the squares and cut out tape(instead of sew : ), then cut again. That way I can see the shape of the final top and decide if I need more or less squares. That is how I go my table runner the size I wanted it.

Blog Entries
    I want to try this with the 2 1/2 inch postage stamp quilt but I am so confused....

Quote Originally Posted by pieceful View Post
    I always try it on paper first....just draw the squares and cut out tape(instead of sew : ), then cut again. That way I can see the shape of the final top and decide if I need more or less squares. That is how I go my table runner the size I wanted it.
    Me, too...I sometimes just can't "see" it otherwise...
    K
    In the garden of life everyone has a row to hoe, some people just have more weeds...

Always do right, it will gratify some and astonish the rest...Mark Twain

Thank you. Need to try that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2