Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Fabric Depts. closings

I emailed Walmart Corp. Hqts. maybe you will to, to ask them
    to stop closing the Fabric Departments. Will you please email them also. :) http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx
    Gangles

That's a shame, my Walmart is running over with fabric. New shipments every week. I signed a petition to them but only 108 people signed it, so I guess it wasn't helpful. Some Walmarts here in VA did away with their fabrics also. Glad mine didn't, it's the only place we have for fabric.

Sondra

Blog Entries
    Sent them another email , but they never respond :cry: Can't hurt to try though can it :roll:
    Sharon

i emailed them also i hope it does some good they are closing the fabric department here in sc also

I got a nice letter from WalMart Hqts. explaining their policy for closing out bolts of fabric. If ya'll want to read it I can post it here.
    Thanks for the replies. :lol:

My Walmart just started selling jelly rolls and fat quarter packs. So I guess they're not getting rid of fabric for a while.

i emailed and not only requested a reconsideration of fabric, but also pointed out that many of us only do incidental shopping and that without the fabric dept wouldn't go there at all.

wal-mart probably doesn't care, but i hope it gives them something to think about.

I e-mailed Walmart also. I don't think they listen to the commom people but its worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    If they don't want to have bolts of fabric and hire a fabric cutter, lets hope they start selling FQs and jelly rolls. Right? I would even buy pre-cut pieces if they were of good quality and at least 2 yards a pack.
    When I was a teenager, our general merchandise store handled pieced goods by Dan River. That was the best fabric! The packages were usually 4-yd. pieces.

Gangles,
    I'd like to read the letter you received from Wal-mart about closing their fabric depts. My Wal-mart is still carrying them and the clerks I talked to don't know anything about closing it out. It would be an interesting read. Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast