Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Website layout.....too many categories? >

Website layout.....too many categories?

Website layout.....too many categories?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 PM

Default Website layout.....too many categories?

Am I the only one who wishes they could see ALL the fabrics on one (or a few) pages as opposed to a breakdown of makes and then colors and then subsequent sub categories. Sometimes there is only one fabric on the sub page and takes forever to look through a site.
For online shoppers, do you shop by category or just browse to maybe spot something you didn't know you even wanted to see?
Old 01-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

I usually am looking for something specific, so I just use the search feature. I only browse if I can touch the fabrics. I have noticed that many, but not all, sites have a 'show all' button that will show all so you don't have to go to an individual category.
I would send the sites that you shop at often this suggestion. They don't know what their customers want unless we tell them.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Yes I agree. My favorite fabric online shop has the sale fabric filed by collection and sometimes there are only one of two in the collection.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny View Post
Am I the only one who wishes they could see ALL the fabrics on one (or a few) pages as opposed to a breakdown of makes and then colors and then subsequent sub categories. Sometimes there is only one fabric on the sub page and takes forever to look through a site.
For online shoppers, do you shop by category or just browse to maybe spot something you didn't know you even wanted to see?
I also agree. I won't shop on ANY site that I have to click onto each item before I can view it. I just don't have that kind of time, nor do I have that kind of patience. Show me everything or I'm gone, and so is my money!