Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: yet again another fmq invention!

yet again another fmq invention!

LOL! another invention for fmq and she doesn't demo it while the machine is sewing I can move my quilts very easily like that to without the machine running http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/6239

Power Poster
    ​I haven't tried them so I can't say how they work but I LOVE my Machingers gloves.

I went to Lowe's and got a pair of gardening gloves with the little rubber dots. They work just fine.

I have to feel my fabric when I do FMQ. I have the gloves but they bother me too much. I also have to "feel" my foot pedal, so I quilt with one bare foot!
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

I use two over sized erasers i got at the $tree. My hands are so small, that I cannot get gloves sall enough to use them. I tried the quilting gloves and the gardening gloves they were way too big. Someone on this board suggested the erasers, and they work great.

Blog Entries
    I use two small pieces of rug stay (or whatever it is called). Could use the rubberized drawer liners too. My pieces are about 2" by 3" and they work great. I have about 6 of them next to my machine. I got this tip from a teacher I had for a Craftsy class on FMQ.

Blog Entries
    The only time I needed the drawer liner fabric is when I made a quilt out of all satiny fabrics. And by the way I will never do that again... I really love how cotton behaves

very interesting! I wouldn't mind trying them. Yet I do like my gloves with my fingertips cut out. Thanks for sharing that info.

[I] saw them at the Quilting Expo and thought they were cool, but a bit pricey. I explained the texture of the foam to my SO, and he brought back a bunch of the same stuff from his hunting range(don't know what they use it for). This stuff works GREAT!!! I was why given a pair of Machingers to use since then, and after 45 minutes my wrists broke out in a rash. I don't usually have sensitive skin to anything, but who knows. Anyway, I recommend the Bats!!!

Sounds like a very good idea. How about putting something with the eraser texture on the bottom of a small piece of wood or plastic. The latex no-slip helving comes to mind. Anything else?
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast